Chapter 1- No More Cuddles

Hey guys, so this is my first story ever so be gentle with the judgy haha. The chapter is kind of short because it's the first and I don't want to give a lot away. But A LOT of good stuff is planned for the future. Feel free to leave comments!! I always love feedback on my writing. Especially if I made a mistake or misspelled something. Also feel free to send me cover designs if you think of something that would be good for this story because I'm sure I'll change the cover along the course of this story. Yeah, so enjoy and I hope you like it!! (P.S. it says Present because there will be a lot of flashbacks in future chapters so this way it will be less confusing.) (P.P.S. this story is supposed to be funny and cliche for the most part, so it's not to be taken completely serious haha.)

Kisses, Kyla.

Present:

"Guys, hurry up!" I yelled. We couldn't afford not to find shelter again before the dark comes. Not that the toys always had the courtesy of even waiting till then to strike. Little buggers.

"You know, I'm really regretting not becoming in-shape before this whole apocalypse thing." yelled back Macon. Macon was the middle sister between Saskia and I. I am the baby of our trio and Saskia is the oldest; her twenty-one, me seventeen and Macon nineteen; and as always, Macon was lagging behind.

"Yeah, like we were supposed to know toys would come to freakin' life and we would have to spend a lot of time running." I yelled back. Believe me, I wish I had known too, I thought. We have been running and hiding for at least a month now. My sisters and I are fighting for survival, but we are not exactly apocalypse experts. Sure, I read a lot of teen future-type books before this, but I don't think we are going to run into any sparkly vampires or handsome 6 foot hunks anytime soon. You know, I am gettin' real mad at the idiots who didn't write a book like, How to Kill a Stuffed Animal 101. Maybe I can write one if this ends. Just in case toys ever decide to band together and take over the world again.

"Kasen behind you!" screamed Macon, pulling me out of my thoughts. I quickly turned around and spotted a toy unicorn, white, with a pink horn and mane darting through the trees to my right. It was about a foot tall and galloping towards me fast. It was coming out from behind a tree a couple feet in front of Macon, but heading for me. Shit, I thought. Unicorns were some of the worst ones you could run into, their horns could stab you literally anywhere and kill you because they were laced with some type of poison. Just our luck, right?

I pulled off my crossbow from my back and loaded that shit up, fast. Saskia stopped with me and pulled out her hunting knife. Quickly, I positioned the crossbow against my shoulder and aimed as best I could for the bastards foot. I fired, but the arrow flew into its chest. Dammit. "Hurry up." said Saskia. That's not helping, I thought in a sing song voice. I cocked the bow again and took another shot. Bullseye. Or Unicorn foot. Ugh whatever. It went right through its foot and nailed it to the ground.

"Phew." I said, wiping sweat off my hands and brow. That thing got way too close, I am definitely not good with the hand to hand, or hand to hoof, battles yet. The unicorn was rearing its hind legs and going absolutely crazy. They hate being restrained, well too freakin' bad you my little pony shit. Macon finally caught up to us and was completely red in the face, probably from all the running.

"Well, I guess it was a good thing I was lagging this time, or I wouldn't have seen that thing coming after you." breathed Macon.

"Right." I said, dragging the word out. "That one was all you sis'." I said. We all laughed trying to lighten the situation. Now, what to do with this flesh-eating son of a bitch. Truth be told, I never really liked stuffed animals.