Misc Info

Since there were some questions on the third book of WOR I decided to do a small notes section. As everyone knows in the first book Jim was drawn over to Ranicke but it was never explained why. All that was mentioned was that he had jumped into a silver wired cage in a high energy laboratory. Nothing else was said about it. In the second book when he was called back it was very briefly mentioned they had locked onto his energy signature. There was a brief mention of his being searched for by some organization but that was it. At the end of book 2 we finally discover part of the reason for what had been happening. This is when Zephara had been introduced as the kin-slayer. Not much of his history is really shown since it ultimately doesn't happen.

At the end of book 2 when Jim kills Zephara and destroyed the building it eliminated parts of the future. Some aspects couldn't be changed though. With Dan and Nang she had been accepted as the Mystic before Jim had vanished. Dan had been accepted as a warrior, and Bear as a shaman. Since the girls are the children of Dan and Nang they were protected as well. Pam was protected by default since she had links to the others there as well.

Some people have asked about the Bear demanding vengeance. He did get his vengeance. The future which caused Jim to vanish/die was changed. He destroyed the family of the Emperor simply by having Theik Lekal show up. He did have to remove Jim's memories or the outcome would have been vastly different. If Jim had shown up when Zephara was young he would have likely simply killed him even if he had died. By Jim showing up with his past skills but not memories it allowed him to help temper and change Zephara from what he would have been.

As far as Zephara in the original time line he was the Kin-Slayer and the creator of a number of diseases. They were used against his enemies foreign and domestic. I never really got into how he ended up on earth since it didn't matter. That I will leave with a simple statement of he was cast out and ended up on earth. His entire drive was to get back to his Empire and take over again. Between his knowledge of alchemy, mystics, and eventually computers he found a way. Till he was done verifying it was safe to use he was using test subjects. Jim's being sent over was a total accident.

Now fast forward to the scene with the two beings. They had to return the balance between the worlds. They did this by creating a new body for Jim. That was from the female being (obviously). The male being, influenced by the bear, placed Jim where he would have the best influence. Thus started Theik-Lekal's journey. Zephara had to name him to create the bond between the two of them. As far as the bond it wasn't just to draw the two together but also to allow Jim to have a certain amount of influence over Zephara.

As far as Lak-Non by the time James left Zephara's service he was no longer the 'voice of sorrows' and the name no longer fit him. I never really detailed what his new name means and I am going to leave it at that. You get to wonder. As far as the reason Lack-Non wandered so much was mostly to kill time till the tribe was ready for his return. Between being Theik-Lekal and Lak-Non there were somewhere between 55-70 years of memories and experience on Cerule.

When it was time for him to return to the other continent he was given time to start remembering. It also gave him time to start getting used to the way the tribes, clans, and packs lived. By the time he had reached the Soran tribe he was mentally prepared to merge into the tribe. It was rough since the Bear, as Lia put it hit Lak-Non a bit hard with the memories. The final merging gave Lak-Non back Jim's memories but combining 75 or so years of new memories with 38 or so previous memories created a new person. There is still a great deal of Jim but there is also memories of Theik-Lekal as well as Lak-Non.

I think I pretty much hit all the questions which might have come up.