Epilogue

Lak-Non, he just didn't feel like a James, had finally moved to the caravan and tents which had belonged to this James. He was currently sitting in a chair strumming a Gitturn and thinking about the last few weeks. Lak-Non knew that his arrival had tossed a massive stone into the pool known as the tribes. That had been obvious that time he had woken up and recognized the women.

They had broken down and cried for some time. All three of them had been pressed against his body as they were crying. Of the men one he had discovered was the Tribal Chief of the Soran tribe. Another was the Chief of the Puma Pride. The third appeared to be a friend of this James.

Frankly by the time the women had been done crying he was about ready to lose it. Thankfully some white Kitsune female had come in and chased everyone away. She had come over and sat down on the bed next to him. She stroked his forehead and he could feel a cool sensation flowing from the tips of her fingers. "Relax Lak-Non, you have gone through a rather traumatic experience. I can sense two parts of you. The recovered memories and your existing memories, they are going to take time to integrate. When done you are going to be a different person than either James or Lak-Non. What you end up being is going to be partially up to you."

Lak-Non had to close his eyes as her fingers stroked his temples and forehead. "Lady I don't know what I am feeling. I am so... So lost." He hadn't felt this off since waking up in that jungle. Then he knew what he was supposed to do, or at least had felt the calling to find his former master.

Lia gave him a gentle smile as he was talking. She was gently applying her powers to help him talk to her. "I don't blame you young man. It is something you are going to have to decide. One thing I want you to do is to learn about the women who were in James life. He grew to mean a great deal to a number of people in this tribe. You are the one who is going to have to make the decision on who you are and what name you are going to have to go by." She kept stroking his forehead.

Lak-Non had to lean into her stroking and he knew she was using her powers since he was definitely relaxing and the headache was slowly fading. As he laid there letting her fingers trail across his forehead he contemplated what she was saying and what he needed to do. For the moment he was going back to sleep and take it one day at a time. He quickly fell asleep and didn't realize when Lia had left. He also didn't realize when Sheeha came in and settled down next to him.

When Lak-Non finally woke up again he had to groan since he really needed a privacy tent. He had long since learned many of the terms used on this continent. He slowly sat up and glanced around. When he found a Puma female with a small kit in her arms he felt another stab of pain. When the memory came back he almost wanted to cry. "Hello Sheeha. I am not James anymore but I do have some of his memories." He wanted to look at the child but kept his eyes on the Puma.

Sheeha tensed and looked down at her kit. "Thank you for telling me that. What would you prefer to be called?" She wasn't going to cry but damn it she wanted their kit to know who James was. "What do you need?" Her arms curled a bit more around the kit.

Lak-Non noticed her reaction and he sighed. "For now please call me Lak-Non. Can you tell me about your kit? Is the kit James's? Please tell me Sheeha. I might not be James but I am starting to recover some of his memories." He slowly stood. "I do need the privacy tents and would you mind showing me where the springs are?"

Sheeha kept her eyes down. "He is Jimmy's kit and I was scared at first when I became pregnant but I am proud to say he is ours. His name is Yames as well." She glanced up some though she didn't look at him. "I can do that Lak-Non. I will have a bucket brought as well as some clothes. If you will follow me." She stood up and waited for him.