Sticking Up For Each Other

A/n: I'm sorry for not updating!

Gomen a sai!
(....I think that's how you spell it)

I would've done a Halloween special on this, but I didn't have enough time.

Sorry!
(Warning! Depressing-mild- things will happen in this chapter.... Maybe harsh words also......)

Nico's P.O.V.

I was dreaming.

This wasn't one of those normal demigod dreams.

This one was surprisingly normal.
At least, I thought it was...

I was aware of my dream.

I started walking down the empty path towards my cabin while I heard distant whispers and giggling.

I was beginning to wonder.
Why was I going back to my cabin? Why were there people whispering and laughing?
Was I missing something, or did I do something?

Finally, I saw Percy quickly cross paths with me. He didn't look, nor spoke a single word to me. He probably didn't notice my small wave.

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked, trying to get his attention.
Percy turned towards me, and stared at me. He turned back around and kept walking.

That was odd.

"Hey! Percy, wait up!
"What did I do?" I asked as I caught up.

Percy gave a small, but irritated sigh. "Why are you talking to me, Nico?"

I was shocked at his response.
"W-what do you mean? Did I do something to make you mad?" I was getting upset at him not giving me a direct answer.

"Yeah. Remember?
"You admitted that you had a crush on me a while ago, and I don't think I can be friends with someone who's... Different." Percy stated, and turned away.
That answer was too direct.

I was pretty sure I was clenching my teeth and my hands were balled into fists. "So what if I'm a little different? I'm still a person, aren't I?!" I yelled.

Percy didn't turn back again. Instead, other campers stood and laughed at me.

"You? A person?
Ha! I don't think so, freak!" Someone shot at me.

Then, I saw Hazel. She had a look of sheer disappointment in her expression. "Why commit the sin, Nico? This is unforgivable." She cried out.

I staggered back at her words.
People shot more hurtful words at me.

Sinner.

Homo.

Freak.

Kill yourself.

You'll never belong in this world.

I cried at each word. I felt small. Weak. Stupid.

I saw Will Solace step in front of me. His usually cheery smile, gone.
His eyes looked like he was sorry for me.
I thought that he would help me up and stand up for me, but it looked like I'd put too much hope into him.