Hang Out?

A/n: Hey guys!!!
Another one-shot created by me.
Hope you like!

Will's P.O.V.
I was walking around camp for a while. "Where is he?" I asked myself.

I was about to give up my search, until I saw a familiar head of messy, raven black hair.
Just the person I was looking for.

I smiled, and tip toed behind him.

Nico hadn't noticed, and it looked like he was going somewhere. He looked troubled. I decided that I would follow him. Nico looked around, while I ducked behind trees and bushes. He sprinted towards the woods.
It was hard to keep up with him.

Wait.... Why am I following Nico again?
Before I could answer myself, I realized that I almost lost track of him.

Nico kept looking back, seeing if someone was following him.
Which there was....

He stopped in his tracks and glanced back one more time while I hid behind a boulder. He backed up, and took three deep breathes. What is he planning to do?

Nick started to run, and I immediately knew what he was doing. My eyes widened.

He was shadow traveling.

I jumped from my hiding place, and grabbed Nico's shirt. "Will?!" Nico shouted.
"Wait-" I began, but was too late. We were consumed by darkness.
**************************
Okay, this was new.

I couldn't see or hear anything at all. It was really dark, and I could only sense Nico's presence. I couldn't see him or hear his soft voice (even though I know he'll scream in my ear for following him).

I panicked. I wasn't used to my surroundings being this dark. I've never shadow traveled, and I was hyperventilating.
Yes. This sounds typical of an Apollo child, son of the Sun God, but I have my reasons.
It was dark, and some dark places meant ominous things.

I closed my eyes, and tried to think of something peaceful.
Nico and I being safe.
The sun.
Nico.
'Oh gods. I need help.' I thought. I was thankful, only this time, for the dark because I was for sure I was blushing.
I whispered frantically. "Light. Light. Light..."

I heard a whooshing sound, and landed on something soft.
I opened back my eyes, and saw what looked like a cave. It wasn't much of an improvement from the dark shadow traveling, but there was faint light.
Glow worms were hanging on the ceiling of the cave.

"Get. Off. Of. Me." I heard a strangled voice.
I looked down, and saw Nico's furious, but slightly tired expression. I had landed on Nico.

"I-I...
"Sorry, Nico." I stood up, and held out my hand for him.
Nico scowled, and slapped my hand away. I would've gotten upset, but I couldn't blame him.

"Why did you follow me?!" Nico yelled.
I winced. "Uh, I saw you run into the woods. And, I-I... just wanted to say hi?" I said sheepishly.
Through the light from the glow worms, I could see Nico's face heat up.
"What?" He softened his scowl into something else. An expression of disbelief? Shock? Happiness? I didn't know. It was new to being friends with Nico di Angelo, but it wasn't impossible or out of pity. There was a unique and interesting bond between us. Even if the bond meant frowning faces and unfamiliar places...

"Yeah. I mean, I just wanted to say hi. I was actually looking for you this morning." I rubbed the back of my neck.

Nico looked down and crossed his arms. "Whatever. When you grabbed me, my shadow travel casted us to here. Somewhere I don't even know. Your fault."

I looked around. This cave seemed pretty nice and unique. "It's alright. We could maybe hang out for some time while you rest to regain your power." I nodded to myself.