I couldn't get hurt anymore... I felt so drained and exhausted.

I swallowed looking up again.

He was really nice...

Yeah, you think that. Until he hurts you. Until he voices his true opinion about you... or shows you...

I felt so torn. I liked him, I knew that. He seemed nice... but I wasn't going to risk it.

What if he doesn't want to hurt me?

I snorted at the voice in my head and blinked back the tears in my eyes as I lifted my hands to my ears for a second. There were too many opposing voices, it made my mind feel clouded.

'No one wants you.'

That one was always the loudest voice though. I swallowed the knot in my throat painfully as my mom's voice played in my head.

Yeah... I shouldn't get my hopes up.

-----

"You've been really quiet..." Damien looked at me from the driver's seat of the car we were in. I had learnt that it was his Dad's.

I gave him a small smile as I nervously twisted the bracelet around my wrist before I looked back down. My emotions were a mix of complete fear at being right beside him and crazy butterflies fluttering in my stomach, also caused being right beside him.

I was confused when he stopped the car beside an empty plot of land and looked at him attempting to question our sudden stop but he just got out of the car calling a 'stay inside, Hannah' back at me as he did.

I looked around uncertainly. The place was empty, there was nothing but grass stretching out on either side of the road.

This is the part where he kills me, isn't it? I gave a nervous laugh at my stupidity. No. Come on, Hannah. Lyle and Natalie always knew I was with him.

I looked at him as he swung his door open and got back into the car, raising my eyebrows at the marker he was holding.

"Give me your arm." He said.

"No." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Hannah," He laughed at my response and gently pulled my left arm to him while pushing the jacket sleeve away so my cast could display.

"What are you going to write?" I asked.

He shrugged pulling the cap off the marker. I tried to read as he wrote but he was leaning over my cast covering whatever he was doing on purpose.