Chapter Twenty - Eleventh Song

(Cass's Point Of View)

I looked down at the pistol in front of me. I looked at the people standing in front of me. 12 innocent people. My family. "Kill them." I heard a woman order. I closed my eyes and suddenly, I felt as light as thin air. I opened them and saw 12 people standing in a vertical line, and a young girl standing in front of them looking straight at them with a blank face. It was me. She..uh..I inched my hand towards the table, not taking my eyes off the family. I picked up the pistol, pointing it straight ahead, aimed at Andy. "Shoot." the woman said. I looked into the eyes of my body....um....you get it, and saw nothing but black pits. Something like Foxes' contacts in the "Just One Yesterday" video. Just pits with black swimming in them. I moved back and heard gunfire. One by one, my family dropped to the floor, lifeless and blood spilling from their chests. The last two shots that I expected to hear ceased. I looked to see Patrick and Kelsey. I looked towards my body and suddenly I flashed back to my eyesight. I looked ahead to Kelsey and Patrick and looked at the pistol in my hand. I tried to drop the pistol, but it was glued to my hand. I gave them a worried look and saw Patrick's face change. Hope had started to swim in his eyes. "Cass! Cass, please, I know you're there!" I blinked once more and transported out of my body. Eyes turned to pits. And the last two shots were heard.

I sucked in a deep breath and jerked upright. I started wheezing and gasping. I felt a warm hand press onto my chest, and calmed down to see Max sitting beside me with his hand in mine, and Bowie laying on my legs. "Hey, Cass. Are you alright?" I shook my head. He pulled me into a hug. "It's fine. You're okay." "Why are you here? I thought you left to Seattle." I asked. "I'm not going miss saying bye on your birthday!" he replied. "I am leaving in 20 minutes for the airport, so I need to pack." I pulled away from him. "I'll miss you." I replied. He kissed my cheek. "I'll miss you too. But I'm only gone until November." he assured. "I'm gonna go now. I'll see you in November." he said as he picked himself up. I pulled him back down and kissed him. "I'll see you soon." I said. He smiled and walked out of the room. Well, at least my birthday is starting to turn around.

I pulled myself out of bed and into the new studio that had been set up this morning. I found my journal and opened it to the bookmarked page. My song. One page filled with lyrics, the other with taped music sheets. I pulled them out and picked up the guitar I had snuck from Patrick, with help from Elisa and Declan.

(Patrick's Point Of View)

"Where is your guitar?! We need the new song by Tuesday!" Pete asked me. It wasn't in the studio. "I don't know, help me look for it!" I replied. I ran upstairs. Music flooded from Cass's room. Guitar recorded back as a drum beat started. I put my ear up to the door and it pushed open. Cass saw me, jumped, and knocked over all the mics and stands, which fell right on top of her. I ran over to the studio. She was laughing as all the equipment piled on top of her. I helped her brush all the equipment off of her and picked her up. "What were you doing?" I asked. "Oh!" she paused. "Nothing." "Are you sure? Cause it sounded like you were playing." She bit her lip, and then sighed. "Okay, fine, I was recording. It's a song that I wrote." It's that song. "Let me hear it!" I yelped. She gave me a nervous look. "Um, I don't know, I just finished the composition, and the vocals absolutely suck, I wrote it for..." she stuttered. "For what?" I asked. "I wrote it for...your voice." she replied. She rendered me speechless. "Um, was that not something that I should've said?" "No, no, no! It's just, we need a new song by Tuesday, and this might be it!" I replied. A terrified look wiped her face. "No, no, this is definitely not it!" she countered. "Relax, it's fine. Play it!" I assured. "Okay, whatever you say, Dad." she replied. Yes. She called me dad. The track started playing and she gave me her notebook, where I saw the lyrics she had wrote. "Sing. It's your voice, after all." she said. She sat in the booth and put on a pair of headphones, as she gave me the signal to start.

Hey guys! Sorry that it took me so long to update I am just super busy and tired. But be sure that the next updates are going to be action packed and full of ideas. I can't wait to write them and can't wait for you to read them! And thanks to Kelsey (lovelyrebel22) for being the only one who remembered my birthday yesterday (October 11th)! I love you so much and I couldn't be luckier to have you. Thanks for reading. Stay awesome.

- Ru (FallOutAru)