chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

"Mila," I felt a tug on my sleeve and looked down. Sofi's eyebrows were raised and eyes opened wider than usually.

"What's up, bug?" I asked concerned.

"Will we be staying here?"

"Do you want to?" I asked again and she only shrugged. "Do you know what this place is?"

"No, not really.." she answered shyly. I looked up at Dinah who seemed to be following our conversation.

"It's a mo-"

"How about you trust me and your sister, and see yourself in a minute?" I heard the tall girl speak up.

The little brunette casted a glance at first me and then Dinah and hesitated.

"Will it be scary, though?"

"No, I promise it isn't. Your sister will take you to the right room, okay?" Dinah assured her.

"Okay," Sofi smiled lightly. She was beginning to gain her confidence again.

"Okay, kiddo!" she exclaimed and gestured for the little girl to give her a high five.

Sofi put her palm to Dinah's inhumanly big one and clapped it confidently.

"Aye good one, girl!" she called. Sofi giggled and tugged at my sleeve again.

"Can we go now? I'm excited!" she exclaimed.

I laughed softly and nodded. I turned to Dinah to get tickets and find out what movie we were even seeing.

"Lion King 2 is on in 5 minutes, get yo ass outta here, girl!"

"Yay! I love this one," I confessed excitedly. "But let me buy the tickets,"

"Go before I change my mind," she looked suggestively at me.

"Wait, Dinah. I can't, let me pay!" I argued.

"I'm the one making decisions here, now get out." She said pushing me forward and laughing.

"I owe you, thanks." I giggled and walked to my sister who swaying on her feet by the door.

"No biggie, enjoy!" Dinah added to both Sofi and I.

"Thanks!" Sofi called back.

We entered the dark room with dimmed lights by the ceiling and I felt my sister reach for my hand. I accepted it immediately and put mine around her little one, trying to comfort her.

We walked past the wall separating us from the big screen and the rows of seats and then I heard Sofi gasp. I looked down and I saw her mouth was agape and eyes wide.

"Was it worth it? Trusting Dinah and I." I chuckled.

"Yeeees!!" she exclaimed loudly. "Where can we sit?" she asked dragging me in the direction of the stairs, smiling.

"Let's go over there," I said pointing to the best seats available.

The movie hasn't started yet, but people gave us looks feigning offended at how loud we were being. I mouthed 'sorry' to the man closest to us and he sort of ignored me.

Well fuck you, then.

We took our seats and got comfortable. The lights were switched off and the room was only lit by the light coming from the big screen in front of us.

"What movie are we gonna watch?" my sister whispered.

"You'll see in.. a second." I answered fully after a pause. That's when the trailer for one of the films ended and Lion King 2 started.