Chapter 9

I'm sorry it's been so long, and sorry this sucks ass. I finished writing it at like 3:00 am because I couldn't sleep.
***

"You're not going to find anywhere to park you know." I say to Vic as he drives around, searching for somewhere to park the car. The streets are filled up and there's lots of traffic. It would be a miracle if Vic found somewhere to squeeze the car in.

"I can and I will." Vic stubbornly states, searching for a spot. We've driven down this street already and there's still no open spots. Vic's going to end up driving around in circles.

"We're going to have to park somewhere that isn't in the middle of the city." I tell him.

"Yeah, but then we're going to have a long way to walk." Vic turns down another street that we've already been down.

"So? It's better than wasting our whole afternoon on looking for parking spots."

Vic casts me a quick glance, "Do you want to drive?" He asks, clearly frustrated. I can't blame him. Anyone would be frustrated if they couldn't find somewhere to park and have been driving around in circles.

"No," I answer, "But you have to calm down. It's obvious you're not going to find anything, so drive out of here and a little further away. It won't be too long of a walk."

Vic lets out a long sigh, debating on whether he should do as I suggested or do what he was already doing. After a few seconds, he finally gives in, "Fine. But next time, you're driving."

I shrug, "You're the one who dragged me out here."

"Whatever, let me focus." Vic says in a finalizing tone. I don't argue with him anymore and remain quiet. Vic drives out of the heart of the city to the streets around it. Here, there are definitely more parking spots. I was right.

Vic manages to find one that he has access to. He parallel parks (not easily, there's a lot of swearing involved), but eventually, the car is safely nestled between the others.

"There," I say as Vic turns the engine off, "You found one and we're not even that far out of the city. Like at all."

"I would've found one in there." Vic says, still being stubborn. He steps out of the car and opens my door for me. I get out and then say, "No one would have been able to."

"Whatever. I might have." Vic isn't budging from the notion that he would have found a spot. I just shrug.

"Whatever you say." I conclude. This seems to please him because he starts walking now instead of sulking. I might have shot some holes in his ego. That's alright though.

I walk with him. It's not hard to keep up with him at all. I mean, his legs are shorter than mine. We're walking in silence at the moment. It's nice, in all honesty. The roads are busy and there's a lot of noise from the traffic, but at the same time it's somewhat calm.

As we approach the part of the city which we were recently at, I ask, "Have you eaten anything?"

Vic takes a moment to answer, probably trying to remember if he did, "Nope. I only ate at breakfast and then I had half a yoghourt."

"So do you want to get something to eat?" I ask him. I'm not too hungry myself, but if we're here and there happens to be places to eat, why not get food for him.

"Yes please, that would be awesome. I'm starving." Vic states.

"Kay, let's get food." We walk down the now busy streets. I don't really know where to go eat. I'm very indecisive when it comes to that. The thing is though, I won't be eating since I'm not hungry, so I'll just let Vic choose a place.