Chapter 8

I'm cutting this chapter into two parts because it would have been hella long if I didn't end it somewhere. It's also probably badly edited again whoops

***

I don't think Lynn noticed I was asleep or even cared to wake me up when I fell asleep, because I wake up the next day at 11:00 am. Lynn is still sleeping, only half of her body covered with the Disney Princess blanket that she always uses while in the basement.

I sit up, yawning. I wish I could have slept longer, but I did fall asleep fairly early. Who knows what time Lynn passed out at, she's sleeping like the dead, the kind of dead that has been dead for 200 years.

I push the blanket I had over me while watching the movies off of my lap and stand up. I really need to go to the washroom. I shouldn't have drank that huge glass of water right before I fell asleep. That was a bad idea.

There's a bathroom here in the basement, so I go and use it. After I'm done with that, I return to the couches and nudge Lynn, hoping she wakes up. I'm actually really hungry and I'm craving pancakes, but it's not like I'm going to make them.

Lynn groans, protesting my efforts of trying to wake her up. I shove her shoulder gently. The last time I tried waking her up, I almost got a bloody nose so I'm going to be cautious. She doesn't move, so I do that again. Lynn swats my hand away and I sigh.

"Lyyyynnnnn." I stage whisper, hoping she'll hear me, "I want pancakes." Nothing. By this point, I think she's ignoring me. I might just have to risk a bloody nose.

I grab a pillow and hit her with it, "Wake the fuck up." I say, hitting her with it again. This seems to work because she yells a disgruntled hey and grabs the pillow from my hands before I can hit her again.

"What the fuck was that for, you asshole?" Lynn huffs and throws the pillow at me. It hits me square in the face.

"I'm hungry," I tell her after pushing my hair out of my face, "And do you really see me making pancakes?"

Lynn rubs her eyes and sighs a long, slightly irritated sigh, "Why couldn't you have just made toast for yourself?"

"Because I want pancakes."

"And?"

"I can't make pancakes." I state the obvious. She knows that I can't and she knows that she can, so that's why Lynn has to make the pancakes.

With another sigh, Lynn sits up, "Fine, I'll make you pancakes. Just let me piss." She gets up and goes over to the bathroom. Right when she enters the bathroom, my phone rings. I grab it from where I left it and see that it's my uncle calling.

"Hey Gerard." I answer.

"Hi Kellin. How are you? How's Lynn?" He asks the usual questions.

"Good, we're both good." I reply, fixing up the blankets with one hand.

"That's good. Hey listen, I have work today, but I was thinking you might want to come along today?"

"Okay, sure." I say, smiling. I know he can't see my smile, but he's aware that I like going to his work. Partially though, I'm hoping Vic will be there, but I doubt it.

"Sweet. I'll come pick you up from Lynn's at 12:30." Gerard tells me. At least I'll be able to eat pancakes by then. I hope.

"Yeah, sweet, that works."

"Awesome. See you then Kellin." Then Gerard promptly hangs up and Lynn is now out of the bathroom.

Lynn comes over to help with fixing up the blankets since I did a horrible job. "Was that Gerard?" She asks me and I nod.