Chapter 4

There's hardly anyone reading this story at the moment lmao but hi, I was in San Diego for ten days and I had no cellular coverage since I'm from Canada, so I couldn't update. The wifi at the campground was shit. I went to warped tour though and that was amazing.

I'm updating both of my fics tonight it seems, but I think it's just because I haven't updated in a while.

I cut this chapter short btw because it's too long and I've been writing it for a week

***

The taxi stops a few ways away from the address Vic gave me. I understand why. The taxi driver glances back at me, his eyes giving me a skeptical look.

"If you wanted me to drive you here, I'm assuming you know someone?" He asks me. I put my hand on the handle of the door, getting ready to push it open.

"Yeah I do." I answer. The cab driver nods his head.

"That's what I thought. Rarely do I ever drive people up here." He tells me. I obviously know why. In all honesty, I as a person am middle class and all these people are upper class. Most of them get their chauffeurs to drive them or they drive themselves. I would have driven, but that's too much of a risk and taxis are easier.

"Well thanks for driving me then." I say and I pay him. He says a 'you're welcome' and I hop out, shutting the door. The cab driver drives away, leaving me standing here on the sidewalk.

I let out a long sigh. I've noticed that I sigh a lot and I'll never know why. It's probably just a bad habit. Or maybe it's because of something else, something poetic that I have to figure out.

I adjust my bag on my shoulder. It's awfully heavy. I really shouldn't have brought my laptop along with me, but I haven't written all day and it's starting to irk me. Also, it brings me comfort and I hardly know Vic and I'm going to his house. That's just insane. But it's the insanity of a lonely guy that's brought me here.

I walk up the sidewalk, past huge gates and bushes. The houses just seem to be getting bigger and bigger. I feel like I'm getting smaller and smaller, and I'm a relatively small guy. Sooner or later, I stop in front of the house number Vic gave me and my mouth drops open.

This house isn't a house, it's a monster. A mansion probably. It's huge and the yard! Dallas would have a heart attack. I'm just standing in front of the gate ogling at it. I thought my house was big.

The key pad buzzes, making me jump. The gate opens and I just stare at the drive way (it's a long ass drive way). I don't move at all. Someone clears their throat and I jump again.

"Looks like someone is easily frightened." Vic's voice, a voice I've only heard once, says from a few feet away from me. He must have seen me walking and came down here to open the gate instead of opening it from inside.

I look up at him and shake my head, "I'm not." I say, but that's only half true. I'm just not entirely with it right now because I'm so intimidated by the enormity of this place. So I guess you could say I'm easily frightened when my head isn't fully in the game.

"Okay cutie." Vic says. The way he says it is so casual, like its a normal thing for him to throw around pet names and everything. It must be. I know people can be like that, but not me. So I can't help but blush.

"Whatever." I mutter and he chuckles, shutting the gate behind me as I walk in. "I'm just going to tell you now, this is so weird for me." I say, the words kind of just spilling out of my mouth.

"How so?" He asks.

"Well my uncle has this problem with sheltering me and I rarely socialize after school, plus I'm just really-"