The Paper Hat

The sun was shining, the air was warm and yet no one was outside. Instead of enjoying the summer days everyone was inside doing their own little things. Things such as reading, drinking and tinkering around in the lab.

This excluded Thor due to him being on Asgard with his brother.

You, however, were busy with old newspapers. You sat on the floor with your back against the sofa, which Steve was currently occupying with Bucky. Piles of newspapers sat to your left.

You had stripped the pages away from each other and folded them. Your original plan to use them as stuffing in boxes so you could put some delicate things away. You were redecorating your bedroom with Tony's permission. Not that you didn't like the things already in there, it was a bit much for you.

Not wanting to break anything while you moved things away, you had searched for boxes and wanted the newspaper to support the items while you moved them around.

You had come back up to the main floor to put the rest of the papers away, but Bucky and Steve were watching some old classic movies and you found yourself sitting with them and watching.

It was at this point a new idea formed in your head.

Now, there you sat, folding the paper in all the right places. A smile crossed your lips as your sat up and turned to the boys. Both glanced a you as you moved.

You shuffled over to Bucky and smiled.

This made him shift in his seat. It wasn't that you guys didn't get on, you two were pretty good friends, it was just the smile you had was a clear sign you were up to something.

In one swift motion you had placed your little creation on his head.

Bucky didn't do anything for a while. The room was rather silent.

Steve soon broke that silence by laughing aloud. Bucky's gaze shifted to his friend with a glare. You joined the super soldier in letting out your laughter.

Reaching up Buck grabbed the paper hat and looked it over.

"Can I ask why?"

His piercing blue eye turned to you once again.

"Just because. Anyway, it suits you." You took the hat from and placed it on his head again. Seeing no point in trying to argue, Bucky kept quiet.

You back around to sit on the floor and pulled the next piece of paper onto your lap. You got to work immediately. The laughing died down indicating the pair had gone back to watching the movie.

Once you had finished, you once again turned to face the two soldiers. This time you shuffled over to Steve who's eyes had widened slightly at realizing exactly what you were up to.

The blonde turned to his friend in the hopes that Bucky would stop you. All he got from him was a smirk.

If Bucky had to wear one, so did he.

Reaching up to his head you placed the second hat on his head and smiled.

"Who knew you guys would look good with paper hats?" You laughed as you looked at them both. Turning to the coffee table you grabbed your phone and faced the boys.

Lifting your phone up to them and moving back a little, you snapped a picture.

"You know, I'm going to make everyone a paper hat."

You put your phone in your pocket and turned back to the paper.

Tony and Bruce were in the lab continuing on with their work. Having not come out for a while they found themselves to be rather hungry and decided to stop. The pair left the lab.

They walked up to the kitchen to grabs some food.

Upon walking into the main room they saw you three watching TV. From where they stood they couldn't see what you were up to.

Steve noticed them standing by the door.

"Hey, you two OK? You've been in the lab all morning." It was now the two scientists noticed Steve and Bucky.

"We're fine, what's with the new head gear?" Tony smiled at how they looked.

Bucky rolled his eye while Steve glanced at you.

Smirking, you stood up and walked to the newcomers. Your hands behind your back. The soldiers watched as you walked up to them. Now, no longer able to hold your laughter, you placed the hats on their heads.

"Everyone gets one."

Looking rather puzzled Tony turned to the soldiers who shrugged at him.

Bruce let out a smile.

"Thank you (Y/N), where's yours?" He pointed to your head. You let out a small gasp.

"I was so busy making everyone else one, I forgot about myself."

You hurried back to your spot on the floor and got busy. The two science buddies, seeing no reason to stay any longer left.

As they returned back to the lab Tony made a mental note. 'Don't let (Y/N) near the newspapers again!'