"Alright, let's go." Warden said as he slid from the diner booth and took his sister's little hand. She was only seven. The perfect age to want everything as soon as she sees it, then to want something else the next second after she got it. Shaking his head, he got her buckled into her seat before sliding into his side and getting them headed toward Drake's place.

I really don't want to get her another...

Pets weren't his thing, but he didn't like the fact that his sister tended to get them killed or make them go missing. He'd tried to get her one of those electronic dogs that barked and flipped and even pooped after you fed it some weird plastic play-dough stuff, but she'd lost interest after only a few days. 

Drake was waiting outside when they pulled up and swiftly slid into the front seat, gave Lay a grin and a wink, then turned and buckled his seatbelt.

"We goin' to get a new bunny for the rabbit in the back?" He said cheerfully, smiling back at Lay again as she giggled in the back seat. Warden nodded, driving the short two blocks to the new store. Getting there was easy, but finding a parking spot took an extra five minutes. By the time they finally stepped into the large pet shop Lay was literally bouncing. The second she spotted the sign for bunnies in the far back? Yup, gone.

"Don't run!" Warden yelled after her, making his little sister slam on the brakes, only to speed-walk until she disappeared around a corner to start running again. He began walking in her direction, looking around briefly as Drake's arm came around his shoulders and tugged him into a slight hug.

"So glad my mom stopped with me. And only me."

Warden rolled his eyes, nudging Drake in the ribs with an elbow. "You love my sister."

"Too young." Drake muttered, almost sounding heartbroken. Warden gave him a glare, making the guy remove his arm and raise his hands in surrender. 

"She will always be too young for you." Warden growled. Of course, he knew Drake was just joking. He trusted him with Layla's life. He was the only person besides their house staff that he'd leave his sister with. The man might be a whore when it came to how many women he slept with, but he was extremely protective when it came to his sister, and him.

"I hear ya loud and clear, War. Come on, let's go see what trouble your little angel has gotten into now."

She is my angel. Literally and figuratively.

Both Warden and Lay were angels, while Drake was a lycan. They had never been at odds, though, like most humans would have figured. Both of their kind weren't exactly known to be friendly, either, but they didn't care. Angels were tricksters while lycan were just plain aggressive. It didn't take much to set Drake off, and Warden prided himself on being able to get under the man's skin. If he weren't so sexually active it might have been another story, though. He put a lot of energy into getting laid each night. 

Over the past several years Drake had learned how to control his temper better than in high school, too. He'd been the best fighting partner then, but now that they both had important jobs and appearances to upkeep, they had to tone down their raucousness. They also tended to keep what they were out of their daily lives, like most supernatural beings. It wasn't worth the annoying publicity.

"War! Look at this one!"

Hearing his sister's shout, he walked over to a large ring of small wire fencing that was about two feet tall. Just high enough to keep the rabbits in, but allow him and Drake to easily step over. An associate with a black cap was sitting down next to several rabbits while Lay carried a rather large brown and white one with floppy ears towards them.