Jack Harries #1 (for Sara)

7:13

He was only 13 minutes late. There was no need to worry! Ten more minutes rolled by as you stood outside the restaurant watching as the happy couples and friends walked past you inside. How long should you wait until it was desperate? It was your first date in a long long time after a terrible break up and it didnt help it was a blind date. He knew a lot about you from your best friend so he could spot you, all you knew was he was called jack.

'Of course' you say to yourself. Your best friend showed him a picture of you. No wonder he doesnt want to date you, no wonder he's stood you up.

7:49

He's not turning up. Why would he? You begin to cry and walk away with the rest of your dignity. Your vision's blurred behind,the tears and you crash into a man on a penny board. You hit the ground hard as he tries to catch you but fails.

'oh no! Are you ok? Can you hear me? My name is jack. Can you tell me your name?' At the name jack you open your eyes, shocked.

'well I know I say the ladies fall at my feet but I didnt mean that literally' he says and winks cheekily as he makes sure you're ok. He gives you a hand and helps you stand.

'oh my god! You're sara! Wow you're a lot more prettier then your picture! Wow!' You stand there embarrassed and flustered at this stunning guy in front of you.

'oh right! You're angry because im very very late, im sorry I was doing something with my brother finn and lost track of time! Forgive me?'

'yes!' You laugh

'good! Because we may have missed our dinner reservations but the new batman movie is on if you want to see it?'

'i love batman!' You reply. He laughs and grabs your hand as you head towards the cinema. 'what?' He says as you look at your joined hands 'dont want you to take a tumble again do we?' he grins and winks.