Chapter 10

*Vinces POV*

It's been a month since mine and Toby's stay-at-home "date." I don't even know what to call them anymore. Are we even really together? He's been spending so much time with Crystal, it seems like he's starting to actually like her like that... And his sneak-into-my-window-at-night habit has completely stopped. I get that it's hard to come out, but I don't think I want to be anyone's secret anymore. I was forced out of the closet and now that everyone knows, I want to own who I am. And being in a relationship, that I don't even know if it is a relationship, is not going to help me break out of my little proud gay shell.

I turn the water off, get out of the shower, and wrap the towel around my waist. I walk into my room, to find Toby sitting in my chair.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"You know, you think out loud in the shower, at least half of what you were thinking anyway." He looked a little annoyed, angry, and kind of hurt.

I just stayed silent.

He quickly changed the subject. "And why did I not know you have abs!? What the hell, Vince. This is crucial information."

"I'm just going to get dressed now." I walk over to my bed to get my clothes. My OCD makes it so I always set my clothes out before I get in the shower.

Toby gets up and takes my shirt. "No, Toby. I need that."

"It's mine now." He clutched it to his chest.

"Toby." I tried to say seriously but he's just too damn cute, I couldn't help but smile.

"It's the shirt or the towel." He said.

My eyes went wide. "You can keep my shirt then."

"That's what I thought."

I get into the bathroom and get dressed. Boxers and black skinny jeans, no shirt. How am I going to get my shirt back?

I walk out of the bathroom and am trapped into a hug. "Hello, Toby."

"You're so small. I love it."

"Toby? Are you drunk?"

"Maybe just a little."

"What the fuck! We have school tomorrow!" I said, pushing him off me.

"Don't yell at me!" his voice cracked as tears started to form in his eyes. "I already feel like a shitty person! And an even shittier boyfriend..." He got quiet.

He sat on my bed, ran his hands through his, already messy, hair, and looked at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

*Tobys POV*

How was I supposed to explain that I raided my dad's liquor cabinet and then slept with Crystal, not even an hour ago? It didn't mean anything, it was just a stupid mistake but he's already second guessing us and if I tell him this everything will be over... And I sure as hell don't want that. But lying to him will make me the biggest asshole on this planet.

I can feel the burning behind my eyes as tears fight to escape them. I finally let them.

"Toby, what happened?" Vince asks.

As I sit on his bed sobbing, the only thing I can think about is how he will never forgive me.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to yell. You have to promise me you won't make me leave. You don't have to forgive me, just don't make me leave, please." I pleaded.

"Just tell me what happened." His voice was low and serious.

Why did I have to be so stupid!?

I take a deep breath. "I slept with Crystal."

His jaw tightened. "When?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does! When, Toby!?" His voice caught.

"An hour ago."

"What the hell!"

"You promised you wouldn't yell."

"I did not. Get the hell out of my room! Get out!"

He started beating on my chest and yelling and crying all at the same time.

"It didn't mean anything! Okay! Nothing." I tried to explain.

"It did to her." He looked at me, tears staining his face.

"Please, Vince." I tried to hug him but he turned away from me. I knew he was right, that's what made this so much worse.

"Get out." He was shaking. "I won't say it again."

I looked at him for a moment.

I had hurt the one person who cared about me for me. Not because I played football or not because I was the captain of the football team and it gave him a reputation, but because I was me. I bullied him for years and he still cared about me... And I hurt him...

I climbed out the window.

*Vinces POV*

I felt like a brokenhearted girl.

And that was not okay.

None of this was okay.