Chapter 1

Hello, thanks again for following me and continuing to read my work. I have been watching this show for a while and I always thought and felt Lucas and Maya would make a wonderful and cute couple. Especially since they are polar opposites and I love this kind of romance. Anyways, I hope that you would enjoy reading this as much as I had writing this. Also I hope that this gets similar reposnse or better than my other work on Logan and Jasmine. Thanks once again. (I don't hold any rights to the characters as they are part of the show Girl meets world). Enjoy!!!

<>~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~<>

"Mum you know how you said that becoming someone else, you would learn something about them. Well I did and I'm not sure how to tell Riley about this, or should I even tell her," said Maya as she sat at Topanga's drinking hot chocolate.

Maya had learnt that Riley viewed Lucas more of a brother than anything. For so long she was in love with him but now everything was changing. Maya loved Riley and always looked out for her but this was something that she was not sure would affect her. Maya didn't want to lie to Riley but the truth would hurt her as well.

Kitty saw that Maya was a little occupied by this, she took a seat next to her. She placed her hands around her daughters shoulders, "honey, I told you it is hard when you do this. But you share everything with Riley, then why are you keeping this a secret. How bad can it be?" smiled kitty.

"Mum, it will crush her. She really likes... Maya stopped then when she saw Riley approaching. She quickly got up before her mum would say anything that would make Riley suspicious of what they were talking about.

"Hey, Maya what is going on? I thought you were going to come to my house like every morning before school? Why didn't you come?" Asked Riley as she stood between Maya and Kitty.

"Well...

"Actually Riley, I needed her help in the morning and thought might be nice if she had breakfast with me this morning," interpreted Kitty as she saw Maya speechless. Maya just nodded.

"Ok..." said Riley as she looked from Maya to Kitty. "Let's go. Lucas and Farkle are waiting for us at the station," smiled Riley.

Maya waved to her mum and pulled on Riley's hands as she stood frozen where she was day dreaming about the wonderful day she was going to have today. In History class today they were planing their field trip and Riley was excited.

<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~<>

As Riley and Maya entered the station, they saw Lucas and Farkle siting with the crazy hat lady. They were busy discussing something but Lucas looked up and gave them a big smile as they approached. Maya looked away as she tried to control herself. Even though nobody else noticed, Lucas did. He looked at Maya as she rolled her eyes and bit her lower lip. Lucas instantly knew she was trying to hide something. She had been a little off her usual self and it was bothering him. He didn't really know why but it was.

"Hi, Maya," he said as he got up to give up his seat for the girls.

"Huckleberry," Maya responded. Lucas gave her a small smile and he tipped his imaginary cowboy hat. Maya rolled her eyes as she hated it when Lucas made fun of her jokes about his Texas background.

Maya looked at Lucas and Riley as she tried to forget about what she had realised. Maybe she was wrong and Riley didn't see him as a brother and that like anything else she was mistaken. As Maya was deep in thought, Lucas came up next to her and placed his hand on her shoulders. "Maya, are you ok. You went quiet and didn't respond to me not responding to your joke?"

Looking up at Lucas, Maya responded, "yeah just peachy. So what are you guys going on about?"

Not competely convince that Maya was ok, Lucas explained. "Well, we were just wondering where Mr. Mattews will take us for the field trip."

"Knowing him it would be somewhere boring and educational."

Maya frowned at this while Farkle had a huge smile on his face. "I wish."

The others just smiled at this. How could someone be so smart and still find everything so fun. As the train approached Maya got up and her eyes fell on Lucas who was staring at her. Taken aback she was going to make a joke but stopped and just stared back at him. She didn't know why he was looking at her but she didn't want to stop him or make fun of it.