Chapter 12

DEDICATED TO AUNTY HELENA>>> RIP

"What!?" Riley roars. "How could this happen?" He rushes forward grabbing the man by his shirt and slamming him onto the wall.

"Alpha please! We didn't mean to! It's like he vanished!" The man struggles to breathe.

I run towards them and start pulling at Riley's hands; he only tightens his grip snarling into the man's face.

"Riley! Let him go!" I shove him.

To my relief he drops the man and takes a step back, seeming to collect himself.

"Get all the warriors. Have them scrounge the territory. Leave no stone unturned! Find him!" He yells after the man as he runs away.

"Damien? That's his name?" I demand.

"I don't have time for this; I need to go help look for him." He goes to walk out.

My brain is working in overtime, Marge... Damien... Margaret. It's not possible, there's no way. I ignore it for now, whatever this is, it's evident that it's very important to Riley, I have to help him.

"No." I grab his hand to stop him. "Leave the searching to them. Let's go check the cells, there has to be a hint as to what happened."

After staring at me for a moment he nods and grabs my hand properly. We run through the forest as fast as we can, or as fast as I can I suppose. Everything seems normal when we get there. We get inside and the padlocked door is wide open, my heart drops. We walk into the stone room; chains are resting on the ground. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, there's only a chair in the middle of the room. Riley walks around sniffing and growling, I think he's lost it.

"Riley, are you okay?" I ask cautiously.

"No. I smell it; I'd recognize the smell anywhere. The bastard somehow used magic." He spits.

"Magic is real?" I scoff.

"How the hell do you think it's possible for me to change into a wolf? It started as a curse made with magic. Some curse." He snorts.

"Damien. I think we should talk to Marge." I state.

I need to follow my gut, and it's saying that this is all about to get much more complicated. I watch as Riley's eyes widen.

"You think she had something to do with this?" He snarls.

"Okay, first of all, no, second of all stop with the snarling and growling, and third of all... my father's name is Damien, Riley. My half sisters name is Margaret. We need to look into this... and she could help."

"Damien?" He asks disgusted. "Oh, now I'm really going to kill him." His eyes turn completely black.

"Not right now! Calm down, let's go find her."

We run back to the house, seeing wolves running everywhere looking for any trace of Damien. As much as I would love to crawl into a corner and cry right now, I'm starting to understand my position here. I need to stay strong.

We walk into the kitchen seeing a worried Marge and a bored looking Ryan, he's obviously over having to watch her. When she sees us she steps towards us.

"Emily! What's going on? Ryan said Damien escaped! How is that possible?" She asks worried.

"We're trying to find out how that's possible. Do you know anything?" I plead.

"I smelt magic on the walls. You have to know something." Riley demands.

Marge turns white. "He's going to kill me." She didn't seem to hear much of what we've said.