Chapter 11

The place reeks of rust and god-awful body odor. I count ten different cells in this small underground prison, five lining each side. They're big enough for maybe two people if you squeeze. Straight ahead is a big padlocked door and I immediately wonder what is inside. I can't speak, on one hand I'm disappointed that Riley is capable of something so cruel, but on the other hand I'm not surprised. I note with some relief that only four of the cells are being occupied right now. I look at the burly men in the first three cells, all three of them covered in their own blood, sitting on the ground staring into nothingness. I glance a couple cells away to the last person, shocked to see a girl around my age sitting there. Luckily she's not covered in blood like the rest of them, I would have lost it on Riley.

"You," I get her attention, "Why are you here?" I ask bewildered.

I understand that the other men must have challenged Riley but this is only a small girl, what could be reasonable to lock her up. She looks up at me clearly weak and bored out of her mind.

"You have my father!" She coughs, "Where else would I be! I have nothing away from him, he ruined my life. You guys slowly killing me here is a gift, truly a miracle that I don't have to live around him anymore." The girls dirty cheeks streak with her tears.

"Don't speak!" Riley commands from behind me.

I look at him in frustration. "Um, yes speak. I'm talking to her, thank you very much for your concern, but it's not needed nor appreciated." I'm getting angry.

Riley wisely doesn't say anything else, only glaring at me. Humph, I'll deal with you later.

"If you don't believe in what your father has done, why are you here instead of trying to create a new life?" I ask politely.

"Like I have a choice, you wanna answer that one, Alpha?" She says bitterly.

Riley sneers at her. "She is the daughter of the man responsible for my father being on his death bed." He says with lack of emotion.

"I didn't do anything!" She cries.

I eye her body, seeing the protruding bones, I need to fix this. I ask her,

"When is the last time you ate a meal?"

"They gave me eggs yesterday morning." She looks away.

Turning my body slowly towards Riley I ask too nicely with a strain on my voice,

"Are her teeth silver like her fathers?"

"No." He grumbles.

"Did she aid her father to help kill yours?"

"No."

"Then I would like it if you let me take her to the kitchen to feed her." I keep trying to say it nicely.

"Not a chance in hell!" He loudly growls at me.

Asshole. "Let her out, Riley!" I yell back.

He's a little shocked that I yelled at him but he gets over it quickly and his mood switches to real anger, his eyes darken and growls rumble in his chest.

"I think this tour is over." He makes a grab for me but I slap his hands away.

Riley looks offended that I denied his touch, but he wasn't only going to touch me! He wanted to force me to leave, I don't think so buster! My stare moves behind him to the wall, filled with eleven keys. I look at the girls cell and see the "6" above it, storming past him I grab the corresponding key with the six on it.