What August said to me last night was rude and uncalled for. Obviously I'm not Layla's mother, but I still love her and care about her future. Nia can't depend on August for the rest of her life. She needs to get a damn job and help provide for her daughter.

But, that's not my problem anymore. I'm not about to stress over it.

"Hey girl" I said as Kelsey opened the door.

"Damn bitch, I ain't seen you in a week. Look at you, looking like Beyonce' and shit"

I laughed and flipped my hair playfully, pulling out of her driveway.

"So, catch me up" I said, focusing on the road.

"Girl nothing much has changed. Chris' big headed ass pissed me off though"

"How?" I asked.

"He didn't even tell me about the damn trip he's going on with August"

"He didn't tell you at all?"

"He told me the night before, during sex thinking I wouldn't catch it"

My mouth widened and I busted out in laughter. "Chris is so stupid"

"He sure is. He definitely isn't getting any for a while when he gets back"

"Girl, me and August haven't had sex in damn near forever, so good luck with that"

"Really? I don't believe that."

"Yeah, I tried before he left but..."

"But, what?"

"He was tired" I poked my lips out.

"Oh hell naw, he's never done that shit before has he?"

"Never"

"You better find out what that shit is about" she said, as we pulled up to the nail shop.

"So, everything good with the baby mama?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm so done with her"

"Oh Lord, what happened"

"She starting to get disrespectful and just annoying. Me and Aug can't even spend time without her ass all up in something" I closed my eyes as the chair was massaging me.

"I wanna meet her" Kelsey said, with an evil grin.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

We both laughed and enjoyed our pedicures.

After grabbing something to eat, we decided to go back to Aug's place to eat. I agreed to watch Layla while Nia did whatever the hell she does when she's out.

I walked in and sat the food on the counter.

Nia walked out in a short ass red dress with stiletto heals.

I looked over at Kelsey who was looking her up and down.

"Who that?" Nia said, pointing at her. "you know Aug don't like random ass strangers in his crib" she roller her eyes.

Oh shit.

"Uh oh" I said, stepping back.

"Actually, Aug knows who the hell I am. Watch who you pointing your fingers at little girl" Kelsey said, with a fake ass smile.

"Olivia your friend is ratchet ass hell"

I ran to Kelsey and held her back.

"Ima show you ratchet when I knock yo red jelly bean looking ass out!" Kelsey yelled, trying to get to her.

"Guys chill out! Kelsey, go in Aug's room. Nia, can you just leave please?" I asked.

Nia rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse. "Layla is taking a nap. I'll be back whenever." She said, walking out.

I locked the door and took a deep breath. I went in the guest room to check on Layla and she was still fast asleep.

I walked in Aug's room and saw Kelsey sitting on the bed tapping her foot.

"That bitch gone?" Kelsey asked.

"Yes, Kel." I said, sitting next to her. "You good?"

"Yeah, she tried it. But it's all good. I don't know what Aug saw in that tramp" she rolled her eyes.

"I don't know either."

Kelsey brought the food in Aug's room and we ate and talked about types of stuff. I decided to tell her about the FaceTime call me and Aug had last night.

"He said that shit? What the hell is wrong with him?"

"I don't know"

I decided to wash some clothes that Aug left in a basket next to his bed. I dumped all the clothes on his bed while Kelsey kept talking.

"He needs to get his act together. He should be grateful that you're deciding to stay with his ass, even with all the extra stuff he's brought in the relationship"

"Yeah, I guess."

Kelsey took a bite of her pizza and a pepperoni fell on the floor.

"Did you drop this?"

"What?" I turned to her and she grabbed a thong from underneath the bed.

I snatched them from her and examined them.

"What the actual fuck?" I mumbled.

"What girl?"

"I've never seen these a day in my damn life"

"What do you me.....oh shit" Kelsey said, covering her mouth.

I read the tag of the purple laced thong.

"I'm not a damn extra small!" I yelled.

"Damn, it's probably his baby mama's."

"Why the hell is it underneath his bed!" I sat down and held my chest. My throat began to tighten and I gasped for air.

"Olivia! Are you okay?" I fell off the bed and collapsed on the floor.

"Olivia!" She yelled again and ran for my purse. She handed me my inhaler.

"N-no. It's not an asthma attack Kel" I gasped again. "I'm having an anxiety attack" tears began streaming down my face. "I can't do this" I said again. I ran to the kitchen and got a grocery bag, placed it to my mouth. I took deep breathes and allowed the air from the bag to fill my lungs over and over.

"Take me to the hospital please" I cried out.

************

Poor Olivia :(

10 comments