Be Careful What You Wish For.

Levi x AU Reader.

You half opened your eyes and groggily hoisted yourself out of bed. You stumbled across your bedroom and slapped that alarm clock. You dragged yourself to the bathroom and had a cold shower to wake yourself up. You brushed your teeth and put on your clothes for school, black jeans, a pale grey short-sleeved t-shirt with Hanji on it from your favourite anime, Attack on Titan. You wore a long-sleeved black t-shirt under your Hanji t-shirt and you slipped on your pale grey converse. You grabbed your green survey corps hoodie and threw your school bag over your shoulder.

You lived alone so there was no one to tell you what you had to do. You didn't feel like having breakfast this morning, little did you know that that was a choice you would regret later.

You left your apartment and trudged to school, putting your headphones in, you noticed that your battery was nearly dead. Good thing first period was I.T (information technology or computer studies) you could charge your phone then. The teacher never paid attention anyway.

Checking the time,you realised that you had time to kill before first class. There was no point in you going to school early. You had no friends. No one wanted to be seen with the orphan nerdy kid. You sighed.

If only I was in the survey corps, not stuck with the brats of this universe. [A/n] be careful what you wish for ;)

"Brats." You giggled. Man, you were beginning to sound like Levi.

You veered off into the park and began to climb the trees that grew in the small woodland area. Sitting on a branch you looked out across the lake nearby. Beautiful. You smiled and retrieved your sketchbook from your bag. Skipping past countless drawings of Levi, Hanji, the special operations squad and some other people in the survey corps, you opened at a blank page and began to draw.

After half an hour you were satisfied and said the book back into the bag on your back. You checked your phone again. 8;30. Still another hour until class started. You sighed and decided to get a little more sleep. You rolled up your green hoodie and shoved it into your bag, secured your bag to your back and laid you head against the tree trunk. You closed your eyes and began to drift off to sleep.

*mini time skip brought to you by Levi's floor polish*

You awoke to the sound of screaming. What the hell was goi- Your thoughts were interrupted when you saw a red plume of smoke arise into the air in the distance. Titan, you immediately thought and then shook your head. Idiot this isn't Attack on Titan. The red smoke could be anything and I should probably get to school now.

You were about to figure out how to climb down when a faint 'pop' caught your attention. You looked up to see a green column of smoke snaking across the air in you direction. Formation direction change. You again scolded yourself and began to clamber down the tree. It was taller than you remembered. A lot taller.

You finally reached the ground and looked around you. Aww hell no. You were surrounded by broken blades and 3DMG. Blood was soaked into the ground. Old blood you thankfully noted. You pinched yourself and it hurt.

Goddammit. Why can't I be dreaming just this once? You pinched yourself to make sure this wasn't a dream. Damn.,that hurt like hell, so nope definitely not dreaming... Dammit.

You decided that panicking wouldn't do you any good and began to pick you way through the remains on the ground, looking for anything of use. You mentally made a checklist of the gear the survey Corps had for an expedition.

Horse? No

Blades? Check, 4 relatively sharp ones.

3DMG? No. Definitely need to somehow get some gear.

Training? No. Know the theory of how to work 3DMG though... If I somehow manage to get my hands on any gear.

Flares? N- yes! There's a bag of flares there! And a flare gun!

Fellow soldiers? No... Would be nice if Levi was here... Or maybe even Hanji...

Having finished your scrounging, you placed two of the blades in the bag that was still on your back thankfully and gripped the other two tightly, scanning the surrounding area for Titans. The bag of flares and the flare gun, you had attached to your waist using the remainder of a soldiers leather harness as a make-shift belt.

You looked at the sky and noted that the flares had crept across the sky towards you.

Titans will appear soon, won't they? They'll be attracted to the sound and smell of the survey corps long distance scouting formation. I'd better get ready to kick some serious Titan ass. I'm not one hundred percent sure how I'll manage to reach the nape without 3DMG, but anyway...

You gripped the blades tightly and whipped around towards the sound of foot steps...

They're here.

You decided quickly that your best chance of survival would be in the trees. Using the blades to stab into the tree you hoisted yourself up just in time. A 10-meter class titan ambled out of the trees and caught sight of you. It roared, causing you to shudder on your perch.

Well, at least it's not an abnormal...

You mentally slapped yourself for thinking that as a crawler crept out of the undergrowth and looked up at you as if it was considering how you would taste.

Well I guess it's time to inform the commander...

You fumbled with the bag at your waist, plucking out a black flare and loading into the small flare gun, you covered your ears as best you could and fired the flare, the thin spire of black smoke breaking through the canopy above, into full view of the survey corps.

You looked down at the collection if Titans below and became uneasy as you remembered the episode where the Titans learned to climb the trees.

* * * * *

Erwins POV~brought to you by Erwins super eyebrows

A column of black smoke rose into the sky ahead. Who the hell fired that? No one in the survey corps certainly.

"Cadet, bring me the Captain and his squad." He watched the soldier pelt back into the middle of the formation towards where the special operations squad was based.

* * * * *

Your POV~brought to you by a certain midget cleaning fairy

You knew that they had seen the flare, how could they not? You sighed with relief as you noticed the green flare to signify the change in direction, but your relief turned to horror as a small group split off from the rest of the formation. You knew who it was.

It was the Levi squad.

* * * * *

A/n~ hope you guys enjoyed! Probably more to come so keep an eye open!

Levi- tch you guys better come back. I still have to kick the shit outta Jay here.

Jay- Levi! Language!

Levi- you're the one who called me a midget cleaning fairy *sulks*

Jay- aww! Does poor little Levi not like being a midget fairy?

Levi- cadet! 50 laps!

Jay- you can't do that to me! I'm the author here!

Levi- and I'm your captain, cadet. 50 laps.

Jay- no! *runs away*

Levi- *chases after her*

Hanji- *laughs* come back to see my Titans in the next chapter, won't you?