Chapter 62:Edward Needs To Cut Back On Body Glitter

Start from the beginning

But they didn't.

Instead Michella made sure to tell me the one thing that would make sure I was going to stay here.

And Jake had made sure to go along with it, to drive it in so I wouldn't leave my grandmother.

And in turn I had returned the favour by slamming his mistakes on his face and calling him a monster and comparing him to his father.

I stare at my computer blankly looking at the screen. And then I'm on my feet grabbing the laptop with one hand running up the stairs.

I throw open the door to Michella's room not giving a damn if she was asleep.

I needed her to tell me that this wasn't true. That I was wrong.  That I was so utterly wrong about all of this. That this was all a huge misunderstanding and I was overreacting.

Yes, that's exactly what I needed to hear. That's exactly what she would tell me, that I was being a drama queen who was just making a big deal out of everything. That none of this was true.

None of this was really happening.

But one glance around the room is enough to break whatever is left of my false hope.

Because the room was empty.

The room was empty in every sense of the word, her walk in closet door thrown wide open with not a single article of clothing inside, her furniture draped hastily with cloth and her bed perfectly made.

Nothing was out of place. It was like Michella had never been here in the first place.

Now way.
She couldn't have gone.

She couldn't have just left. Not now.

I look hopelessly praying to find something, anything that would tell me that she was still here. That wasn't really gone.

But the room was empty. It was painfully and utterly empty. There was nothing in the room it was-

I don't know it happens but the laptop in my hand is flying across the room as I throw it with all my might. It explodes into a million pieces as it shatters against the wall next to the bureau.

I breathe heavily and my hands are shaking terribly but there is something oddly satisfying about seeing something break so suddenly and violently and it's even more satisfying to see something shatter into pieces that wasn't me.

Maybe I was acting like someone who was currently having a mental breakdown but I deserved to have one. I deserved to throw things around. I deserved to act like a mess.

Although the laptop had made a pretty big bang no one comes rushing. Michella's room is huge, it's entire length draped with a thick black carpet. It was also furthest away from my grandmothers bedroom which meant that I could have my psychotic break in peace without waking anyone up.

I wasn't ready to face my grandmother. I don't think I would ever be able to face her.

My hand reaches for the beautiful white ceramic lamp that was set on Michella's bedside table. It was a pretty lamp, extremely delicate with tiny daffodils drawn on its base.