Chapter Nine: Not Strong Enough

Ardent Acquisition 

Chapter Nine: Not Strong Enough

“Naruto!” I gasped, relieved. “Naruto, I’m so glad you’re home!”

The blonde lazily rubbed at his eye, seeming confused at my sudden enthusiasm. And, when I pulled him in for a hug, the boy took a surprised step back. 

“I’m dating Naruto.”

“Hitomi?” His voice had that just-woke-up undertone, and I knew I had probably woken him up, again. But, the truth was, I was shaken up. And, I needed him. “Hitomi, what are you doing?”

My face was buried into his chest as I engulfed him, heavily breathing him in. Or rather, doing my best to catch my breath — which was, in fact, failing. I hoped he didn’t notice when I trembled. 

Sasuke’s hand trailed down my arm, coaching my own into his palm. His fingers were gentle against my skin, and I did my best to suppress a shudder. His skin was so warm against my own — so familiar. His touch made me second guess whether he had heard me. And, I found myself wanting to take it back. 

His other hand was on my hip. 

Naruto’s hand rested on my head, and after a moment, began stroking my hair. It was only then that I realized how close I had been holding him, so tightly. My fingers were beginning to dig into the bare skin of his back. 

Sasuke pulled me closer, so close that his front was pressed against my back, allowing him to wrap his arm around my waist. I was frozen, too shocked to move. Or even, to breathe

Sasuke’s breath mixed in with my hair as his scent wrapped around me. 

“Hitomi,” he whispered, the seductive sound of his voice actually enough to make me shiver into the raven haired boy. 

“Hito-chan,” Naruto whispered, his other hand pressing into my lower back, holding me as tightly as I held him. God knew I needed him to hold me as strongly as I did him, for if not, I feared I’d fall apart. 

With good cause, too. 

“Oh, god,” I gasped into him. “Oh, god. Oh, god. Naruto, I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” My façade had been dropped and it was then that I realized I had been sobbing. 

“Hitomi, Hitomi,” he repeated, the cool of the raven’s breath fanning across the exposed indenture of my neck. “You haven’t actually forgotten me, have you?”

God, no. I wish I could. I wish I wish I wish. But Sasuke was always there — a nagging ache to my fastly beating heart. He was always  there, reminding me of how attached I had gotten to him. When, before, I hadn’t of even believed in such things.  

He made me believe so many things. 

“There’s nothing to be sorry for,” he tried, his reassuring voice easing against me. And, yet, it did nothing to actually comfort me.

“I’m sorry,” I repeated again, and again. 

He made me believe. But, for what? All he did was leave. And, then, taught me why I really shouldn’t of. 

“Maybe I did,” I spoke, trying to ignore the way his chin  rested comfortably on my shoulder. And, if I looked just out of the corner of my eye, I could see his face — so close, and so tempting. 

Sasuke chuckled. 

“Hey,” Naruto did his best to try and soothe me. The blonde had long since led me to the couch. He kept me cradled against his chest. My sobs had somewhat subsided, but my body still shook in small tremors. “You’ll be okay, I promise.”

“The problem with that is: I don’t think you have. I don’t think you ever could, Hitomi.” Sasuke nipped at my skin, making me jump. Was he right? Would Sasuke always be this constant pain that would not heal?

“I’m with Naruto,” I numbly repeated, disregarding the mark he probably left on my skin.

“What if it’s not?” I whispered. “Naruto, what if I’m not okay?”

“That’s what you say. But, Hitomi—”

“Hitomi. What happened?”

I didn’t answer.

“I want you to remember something for me.” I didn’t answer him, and Sasuke took it upon himself to continue. 

“Naruto—”

“You may be with him now, but you’ll never forget me. Because, you’re mine. You’re mine, Hitomi.”

Naruto waited. But, there was nothing I could say. Nothing to make him understand. 

So, instead, I put my lips to his. Because, Sasuke was wrong. He couldn’t just own me. I wouldn’t let him. 

I kissed Naruto. 

“And, you always will be, Hitomi,” he said. 

And, Naruto kissed me back. 

!*~*~*~*!

Bowchikawowowo I feel like imma have some angry fans OOPS. SasuHito and NaruHito all wrapped up into one chapter. I’m ballllllin’. 

Oh, and In case any of you were wonderin’ (which I know you probs won’t) I made an excellent on my EOC! So. Holla. Anyways yeh I’m boring so I don’t have anything else so yeh. Summer in like two days. Yey.