Chapter Seven: Fight of Flight?

Ardent Acquisition 

Chapter Seven: Fight of Flight?

I paced the apartment, absent-mindedly chewing on my nails. It was dark, the only noise being my steady tread against the carpeted floor. 

Why had he kept that from me?

Memories flitted through my head, almost as if I had been turning pages of a book. When he had attacked Haku. Back at the Chunin Exams. 

How didn’t I notice?

Kakashi knew. I know he did. For, he was the jounin assigned to our team. And, it was know that I questioned why it had been him- Kakashi Hatake, the copy ninja; student of the Fourth Hokage. 

“Fourth Hokage sealed it in me, when I was just a baby. The nine tails had probably killed my mom. My dad.”

Sakura knew. He told her when they had been pursuing the Akatsuki. 

The Akatsuki. They knew. Why else would they be after him? Just like Gaara, they would try to extract the beast that lie dormant inside of his body. A process that would undoubtedly kill him. 

My jaw clenched. Naruto was reckless. And, now that I wasn’t on his team, it would be harder to protect him. 

“Lady Chiyo had given up her life for Gaara’s. She saved him.”

If it came down to it…

The villager’s knew. The one’s old enough to remember the attack, anyways. They had treated a young boy like a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe his entire life. They acted as if the actions they portrayed weren’t as monstrous as the nine tails, itself. 

They were no better than him. And, no badly how they treated Naruto, he would still lay down his life for them. Any of them. 

There’s something about him. 

My pacing continued, my mind racing. How could I not have known?

Sasuke. Did he know? If Sakura was just finding out, it couldn’t be very likely. But, he had those eyes. He should’ve known something was off; at the very least, the last time they fought. 

And, what about Orochimaru? Sasuke runs with him, now. Would he have told Sasuke- or would the young Uchiha just know, himself?

I sighed out, throwing myself of the couch. My head was beginning to hurt. Things didn’t make sense, anymore. 

Again, I sighed, knowing I should probably get my stuff and leave. There was no point in crying over spilled milk. Hence, I should probably move back home. To my apartment. 

The less that reminded me of Sasuke, the better. 

And, almost on instinct, my hand found the old, handwritten note. The one that had changed everything, with just four simple words. And, at being at fourteen, I hadn’t of known a greater heartbreak. Not including my parents’ deaths, of course. 

It was beginning to feel like everyone I loved left me, sooner or later. 

Not Naruto. 

I turned on the light to the kitchen, then, to the sink. I let my fingers dance under the running water- allowing my mind to wander, again. 

What was Sasuke doing? What did he do when he with Orochimaru and Kabuto?

Did he kill people?

I shuddered, the thought actually nauseating me. Would he turn out to be as cold and sick as that bastard, Orochimaru?

Would he enjoy it? Like I had?

My jaw tightened, and for now, I decided it be best to let myself focus on the water- its cold bliss being enough distraction to allow myself to calm down. For now, I needed a clear head. 

I closed my eyes, splashing the cool water over my face. 

I needed air. 

~           ~              ~

I leaned against the rough bark, not really caring if it bit into my back through my clothes. It was something to concentrate on. 

Better than Naruto or Sasuke. 

My eyes closed and I took a deep breath through my nose. I couldn’t hide from these thoughts- couldn’t escape. They were inside of me. It was hard to run from something like that. 

But, that didn’t mean that I wouldn’t try. 

And, in the quaint of my silence, a noise was heard. Almost like a nice breeze in the autumn months, peacefully stirring up dead leaves. Far too faint for an animal. 

I was on my feet in seconds, silently scolding myself for leaving my weaponry back home. But, that didn’t mean I couldn’t put up one hell of a fight. 

My senses screamed at me. To fight. To run. Anything. But, when I caught sight of his face, I couldn’t. I was stuck. Shocked. Scared. 

Livid. 

“Sas-u-ke?” 

!~*~*~*~*!

Oops. Cliffy ♥ Told you see would see Sasuke soon. But, the question is, how will she react? (; dun dun dun. 

So like three weeks of school left (yeyeyeyeyeyeyey) And, you know what that means? End of Course testing, post assessments and exams. Woohoooooooo. //sarcasm. 

I don’t know when I’ll post again because I’m lazy and I like Advocated Wars so much better that’s why I’ve been uploading like everyday. ((oops)) But let’s face it that story is better. Ohp. Anyways. Imma stop ranting now okok.