Chapter 4: Can We Talk?...

2nd P.O.V

Naruto opened the door to reveal Sasuke...again. When Naruto saw him he felt like he was becoming depressed and saddened again. He looked down at his feet fearing that if he looked up at Sasuke he would break down in tears again.

Sasuke saw the state Naruto was in because of what he said. He felt bad for making the blond cry. He didn't like seeing Naruto like this. He would beat himself up for that later, but now he needed to comfort Naruto the best he could.

"Naruto are you okay?" Sasuke asked softly just above a whisper so only Naruto could hear him.

"Yeah...I'm okay. What are you doing here Sasuke?" Naruto asked dryly his voice cracking from his sobbing not so long ago.

"Naruto I really need to talk to you."

"About what?" Naruto asked with a hint of annoyance. Sasuke sensed this and could tell Naruto was building up a lot of emotions and had to speed things up before Naruto ended up slamming the door in his face.

"I need to explain something to you."

"Just get to the point already!" Naruto practically shouted, still looking down at his feet, making Sasuke jump.

"I think it would be better if I told you over dinner. It might help you handle it better."

"Sasuke I'm not hungry and I already know what you're going to say." Naruto let out a sigh before saying, "Don't worry I'll stay away from you from now on." Naruto said backing into his house and putting a hand on the door "Good night Sasuke." Naruto said while closing the door.

Sasuke just stood there shocked. That wasn't what he was going to say. Not even close. The door was about to close and Sasuke came out of his shock. He stuck his foot between the door making it stop. He pushed the door open making it hit the wall, making Naruto stumble back from the force. Naruto just stared at Sasuke, wide-eyed in shock.

"Naruto, that wasn't what I was going to say. Listen, what I have to say, you really need to hear. Please, Ichiraku's my treat." Naruto's face lit up at the mention of Ichiraku's and Sasuke's treat. Ramen was his one weakness and Sasuke knew that too. He hated the fact that Sasuke was playing dirty just to get him to talk to him. What could be so important that he would throw the ramen card? Whatever it was Naruto couldn't pass up an offer like this.

"Fine!" Naruto said with a pout and crossed his arms over his chest in defeat. Sasuke grinned triumphantly on the outside, but on the inside, he was debating on how to tell Naruto what he had to tell him. He had to word it properly so Naruto won't get confused.

"Just give me a minute," Naruto said as he turned around and went to his bathroom leaving Sasuke standing at the door. Naruto got to the bathroom and Sasuke could hear him turning on the faucet and running water. Naruto came out of the bathroom, his face clear from any signs of crying and his eyes back to their normal blue. He walked pass Sasuke without saying a word and started his way down the stairs. Sasuke turned to catch up with him closing the door on his way.

The walk to Ichiraku's was silent. Neither boy talking to the other due to lack of things to say. They kept stealing glances at each other when they thought the other wasn't looking. Whenever they were caught staring they would look away and blush.

No matter how hard Naruto tried to stay mad and distant to Sasuke he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Dammit! Naruto thought. There's something about him, something that makes me feel safe and protected around him. Every time I look at him I can't help but turn to mush. Why did I have to have that stupid dream if he doesn't even like me! I bet it's just hormones. Yeah, that's it! I bet I'll get over him soon. Naruto thought to himself and turned to look at Sasuke and turned back blushing. Dammit! I've fallen head over heels for him!