Go

*A NOTE FROM THE WRITER*

Find Violet Hyde will be divided into three parts and this is the last chapter for Part Two! Pretty cool, huh? If you have been reading along and haven't had a chance to vote on each chapter, please go do so. I'll wait....

Love,

Laura Slate

**

Violet felt a presence close to her, but she couldn't see her hand in front of her face, she tried to use her abilities to locate Purple the Ship Master. She felt none of the usual tingling from her ability to find people, and carefully took steps away from the door. Smelling a strange mixture of metal and flowers, she extended her arms to concentrate on finding another being nearby, Violet listened for an inner voice. The only sound was her own breath.

A light switched on. Violet braced herself. She found two Ship Masters sitting in front of her with a solitary light above them. They sat staring with glowing diamond shaped eyes, their hoods pushed back from their angular faces. In front of them was a table and an empty chair.

"We mean you no harm." They said before she could speak.

"But you felt the need to strip me of my abilities...oh, and creepily just sit there in the dark watching me freak out." Violet threw her hands in the air. Then tried to read their thoughts, unsuccessfully.

"We didn't want you to be startled and hurt us, Violet. We wanted to see how you would react. You see, we need to have a talk with you and we have something to show you." The one named Red wrung his knobby gray hands.

"Okay,but I wasn't planning on hurting you...and how did you remove my abilities?" Violet crossed her arms as she sat down, "Purp told me I could rest in here, but now I have a feeling it isn't going to happen."

Silence filled the room.

"May we tell you a secret?" The Ship Master called Blue asked.

"Yeah,I guess so..." she shrugged. Violet was uneasy without her gifts.

"You are extremely dangerous." Red said.

"No,"she almost laughed, "I'm most certainly not." Violet had never hurt anyone, she couldn't bring herself to kill spiders when she lived at the Farm.

"The fact that you believe you're not dangerous makes you all the more dangerous." Blue explained with a wink.

"Your training has shown you have the ability to move matter, but there are many skills you are hiding..." Red waited for her to respond and Violet stayed defiantly silent.

"Ah, you don't have to say anything. I already know the truth. You can locate beings through their energy. You can also read others thoughts and feelings...quite accurately. Oh, and you can transfer memories or thought to others." Blue said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Violet stared at her feet.

"Violet,I would rather you remain noiseless than lie to me. You keep yourself a mystery to those close to you, but you cannot hide from me."Red raised his small chin.

"I'm sorry. I just...it was...I don't know, I liked knowing what people really meant when they talked to me." Violet was ashamed.

Blue sighed and took one of Violet's hands. "I can see how that ability would be useful and comforting. Do you understand how...rude it is to invade people's minds without cause? We can't have you running around this ship violating our citizens like that. Will you make me a promise, will you only use that ability when you are in danger?" Blue searched her eyes, his own sparkling black.