Chapter 28 .••.

My mom was finally home Monday morning and I told her about Yale and almost everything that's happened in the past few days, you can probably guess what I did and didn't tell her.

I headed to school and it was over pretty quickly.

After tomorrow I don't really even have to go to my classes since I have everything set up for college and I'm not complaining.

4 years of total stress and I finally get a break.... For 4 plus more years of total stress, just at Yale of all places.

Tate and Alli are going to the town's community college. I'm going to miss them so much but I know we'll stay in contact.

Mason has been pretty upset because his job at Aeropostale isn't paying him enough to buy an apartment near me which means we're gonna have to settle for long distance or breaking up. It feels like I'm not leaving but I know I am.

We mostly talked about this outside during lunch at the blue tables where just a few months ago people would throw food at me and harass me and give me dirty looks. Now they give me dirty looks for a different reason. One that I don't mind.

Since the incident at the party Juliet and Jed have been giving me looks, smirks, eye rolls, they think their getting on my nerves but they have to idea that I couldn't care less about either of them. The funny thing is that they just look stupid while doings it.

They'll make out in the hall and then give me a dirty look to bother me so I'd grab Mason and do the same to them to show that I really don't care but they don't seem to get the message.

School was passing faster as it became the middle of May and everyone had gotten a little bit nicer after finals.

I got a text from Mason telling me to meet him outside his house after school and responded with a simple 'k'

Once I got there he was in his white truck
with the back closed. I got in the front seat and closed the door.

"You ready?" He asked.

"For what?"

"For anything."

"I guess." I said chuckling.

The car was rolling the opposite direction to anywhere I'd been before with Mason.

We were driving for quite some time and it started to get late.
I started to fall asleep it then Mason turned the radio up... A lot.

"You can't fall asleep yet we're really close." He said putting his hand on my thigh.

"Okay." I said sighing.

I then knew where we were going once I saw the ocean pressed against the horizon.

You could have just told me that we're going to the beach silly. I said to him giggling.

"We aren't just going to the beach."
He said smirking.

"Then what are we doing?"

"Come on." He said getting out of the truck.

Mason grabbed my hand and we walked from the small parking lot to the huge sandy beach. He spread out a towel and we sat down and gazed at the huge sun fall into the water.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too" I said back.

"And I can't stress it enough that I'm so sorry for everything that's happened to you over these years, and I just love you so so much."

He got on one knee and took out a little box. I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna ask you to marry me." He said laughing. "It's a promise ring." He opened the box slowly.
"Just promise me that you won't let any smart ass at Yale steal my girl while you're there."
He said taking the necklace out the box and placing around my neck.

"Of course I won't, I- I wasn't planning on it." I said kissing him over and over and over again.

I looked at the necklace again.
It was a heart that said 'with me'.

"With me?"
I asked him.

He took out a dog tag necklace that said
'I carry your' with a heart cute out of it.

"Mine says I carry your with a cut out heart and yours
Is a the heart that says with me."
Saying: I carry your heart with me.

"I carry your love with me... That's so cheesy"
I said.

"I know but you just need to have something at least."
Mason said looking down at my necklace.

I put my head on his shoulder and stared at the fiery orange and pink water reflected from the sun.

Mason got up.

"Well I won't take you all the way out here to spend 30 minutes at the beach."

"No."

We opened the back of his truck to find multiple thick blackest layered in it.

"You tired?" He asked.

"We're sleeping here?"

"Yup, get in."

"But I'm wearing jeans."

"I brought the sweats you left at my house."

"Very smart, Caffrey"
I said.

" I try."