Light and Dark

Hi guys, this is EndOfBeginning. After persistent encouragement from KitKathy07 I've decided to post a little drabble(well not exactly very fluffy) featuring post tartarus Percy while i'm working on my next oneshot. Enjoy!

She didn't realize how long he wasn't truly carefree and happy until they were at an ice cream shop and a little girl asked him if he was Harry Potter. He had stopped mid lick and turned to the little girl.

"Are you Harry Potter?" the little girl looked up at him with innocent eyes. For a second his face remained neutral until it broke out into a lopsided grin.

"What makes you think that?"

"You have black hair...and GREEN eyes! That's just like Harry Potter!"

"Let me tell you a secret." He leaned in close to the little girl's ear. "Why actually I am. Now I've got to report to Dumbledore saying how he must accept such an observant and smart witch."

"Really?" The little girl's eyes widened. Then she squealed with joy and clapped her hands. The little girl wrapped her arms around him for a brief second then skipped back to her mother who was trying to placid her baby.

When he turned back to her, she was met with a euphoric feeling. The sunlight was streaming in behind him, setting his whole frame in light, as if he was radiating happiness. She wishes she could see that more often.

;

He turns and thrashes wildly in his sleep and wakes up gasping. Annabeth just pulls him in close and murmurs that they're all right, that they're going to be all right. When he calms down, and his breathing becomes more even, he turns to look at her.

His eyes are dark and haunted by the images of Tarturus...images that will never release him from their grasp. Yet, when he looks at her, it was like as if she was his whole world, as if she was the only thing tying him to reality. The love and intensity of his gaze makes her shiver.

;

She doesn't know if it's sick or twisted or not, but she doesn't know which side of Percy she prefers.