Love Story

(Pre-serum stucky)

It was the night of Steve's 18th birthday when they met.

"Steve, this is James Barnes.He is the son of an old friend of mine."

"Hi," Steve said extending his hand to him.

"Hey."

"So James, you new in town?"

"No, I've lived here for a couple years and you can call me Bucky."

That simple conversation led to so much love yet, so much heartache. The more they talked the closer they got. After having known each other for a few years Bucky asked him out.

"Would you, uh, would you like to go on a date with me?"

"W-What?!"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked," when Bucky went to leave Steve grabbed his arm.

"Wait! I....I would love to."

Steve and Bucky had gone out on many dates since and are still in a happy relationship. They have been together for five years and Bucky thinks it's time to ask Steve the big question. So he took Steve out to a nice restaurant then to the park. As they sat overlooking the water at the sunset Bucky got down on to one knee.

"Steven Grant Rogers," He paused. Steve's eyes widened.

"Would you make me the luckiest damn man in the whole world and marry me?"

Steve was shaking his head before Bucky had even finished the sentence.

"Yes!" Steve launched himself forward, toppling him and Bucky to the ground. He peppered kisses all over his face, repeating I love you. He suddenly stopped dead in his track and sat up.

"What's wrong? Do you need your inhaler?" Bucky questioned. Steve shook his head. no, I'm fine, but what about dad?"

Shit, Bucky hadn't thought about that. It really shouldn't be a problem but Steve's dad hates Bucky. It wasn't always like that, but the second Steve and him started to date it was all new kinds of hate.

"We'll have to talk to him about this and hope for the best." Bucky said.

So later that night Steve and Bucky made their way over to Steve's dad's place.

"Hello Steve....." He glared at Bucky, "James."

"Hi dad. Can we talk?"

"Sure come in."

He led them into the living room and sat down on one of the chairs.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Well," Steve paused and looked to Bucky, "We're getting married." Steve's dad looked between them eyes wide. Those wide eyes quickly turned dark and unforgiving.

"No," he said.

"But dad,"

"no buts, you are not marring this, this idiot."

"Dad please! Stop and rethink this." Steve plead as his dad dragged Bucky out of the house.

"You!" Steve's dad pointed at Bucky, " Stay away from my son!" he yelled after {literally} kicking Bucky out of the house. Steve pushed past his father.

"Bucky!" He yelled running after him. Bucky quickly pulled him in a tight embrace.

"Don't go, please don't go." Steve cried, burring his face in Bucky's chest. Bucky rubbed his back comfortingly.

"Shh... It's okay... I'm not going anywhere."

"But,"

"Wait for me at your window tonight," Bucky whispered in Steve's ear. Steve nodded before turning around and walking beck inside.

True to his words later that night Steve waited for Bucky at his window. At 2pm Bucky drove up to the house. Steve ran outside as quietly as he could. Bucky stepped out of the car and opened his arms . Steve ran right into them. He nuzzled his face into Bucky's neck and said,

"You came back."

"did you think I wouldn't,"Bucky squeezed Steve before kissing his head.

"Come on, we should leave before your dad gets up." Steve nodded and got in the car.

Since then Steve and Bucky have gotten married and adopted two kids. A girl, Grace, and a boy, Jefferson.