XI

Cry

As the three of us were headed to the gardens, Soo-Won made a point to question me all of a sudden. "Hey, Yona, I've been wondering..." He began.

"Yes, Soo-Won?" I asked.

"When did you start having an interest in reading books?" He asked curiously.

"It kind of started back then, after you guys stopped visiting the castle." I answered without thinking as I continued to walk. I sensed that they had stopped so I turned around, only to find the two staring at me with guilty looks on their faces.

Ah, perhaps I shouldn't have answered it in that way. Baka!

"I-it's alright though! Don't worry too much about it." I told them immediately as soon as I saw the looks on their faces. They suddenly frowned and marched right up at me. I could see how annoyed they were though it wasn't obvious on Soo-Won's face, he clearly had a smile but his aura showed other wise.

Hak's was blatantly obvious, even his aura was pretty much the same.

"Yona/Princess..." They both began. Uh oh. I thought. "...what's up with you?! You're supposed to be angry if your friends haven't visited in a long time!" They both yelled out in sync.

With their terrifying auras combined, for a split second, I felt fear once again. It reminded me of Reborn's killing intent. I lost my composure and did something I vowed never to do ever again after Reborn beat it out of my system.

"Hieee!!!" I screamed.

The both of them paused in their attempt to scold me. Both f them blinked their eyes in surprise. "Hey, Hak, did you hear that sound just now?" Soo-Won asked his black-haired companion, clearly dumbfounded. "Yeah," Hak answered with a single nod, clearly in the same boat.

They looked at each other for a moment before turning their attention back to me. I was still in a frozen state when they looked at me. Tears began to well up in my eyes as I felt myself blushing at their stares. I couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"You didn't hear anything!" I cried out as I ran away from them.

How embarrassing! I thought.