I. Infiltration

Why do you want to become a hunter?

"You don't talk a lot, do you?"

Luna flinched as Killua's remark filtered through her frenzied thoughts and brought her back to present. His blunt tongue gave her more discomfort but she's the one to blame. It must have been troubling for her new company to endure her unlikely behavior. Ever since her stifling introductions, she made no efforts to engage in deeper conversations. It must have been a relief to everyone as she finally managed to squeeze that ounce of information out of her restrained mouth. It was only fitting to share a little about herself just as they did and it was expected of her. She couldn't just ignore them all day even how badly she wanted to.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm terrible at it." she replied, biting her lips in penitence.

Killua stared bewilderedly. He couldn't seem to see her eye to eye. And he meant it quite literally. Luna appeared to have shared a special affection with the ground floor since she never averted her eyes off of it. Worse than the girl's timidity was her relentless fidgeting. She was on a constant battle against herself during her entire run and eventually she's far from winning as how she tortured her bottom lip. Just a moment ago she had all the courage in the world, playing the role of a hero against those bullies but now she looked the total opposite in front of them as if she's a whole new person.

The silver-headed could already sense that something was off about her but he couldn't exactly put a finger to it. And from his experiences his gut was rarely proven wrong.

"How about you try to relax and think of something fun." Gon butted in. He said it like it was the most obvious thing to do as he flashed a grin to encourage his troubled companion.

Luna hid the grunt of protest. Only if it was that easy for her to heed his advice then they won't be having this conversation. Her eyes rolled too quickly for her companions to notice. If only Gon would know that he was responsible to her current mood.

Even so she did not expect the concerns she received that came out so naturally to him. He was too good for her liking. How could she gather enough hate to light her desires of making him suffer in her horrid ways if Gon would continue to impress her with his given kindness? Then again it was too early to let her guard down. If it weren't for their father issues she could easily imagine herself warming up to him.

Though she could not say the same with Killua. And it was not like her to assume bad to people for no fair reason but the strange vibe she was getting with the silver-headed boy confused her.

"That's a great idea Gon!" Killua exclaimed as he thought of a brilliant idea to kill some time. "Let's play a game! How about a race? First one to finish, wins." Killua proposed. A proud smug plastered in his face.

Luna's nose scrunched, disapproving "Don't you think this game would be a little inappropriate for the situation? We should be taking this exam seriously." She humbly reasoned. Her trainings with her mother taught her not to take matters lightly. And the thought of a game in the middle of the exam seemed not to be the best idea.

Killua rolled his eyes, "Come on Lux," he coaxed. "You need to loosen up because to be honest; you're more frustrating to look at than Lerioro's face while running." He motioned ahead, to where they witnessed Leorio strived to move his feet without the slightest care of how undignified he look. The poor man was a picture of real struggle.

Killua earned a glare from the timid girl though it only brought him amusement. It was always fun picking on people who tried their earnest for no big deal. Aiming for a head start, he sprinted forward. "Loser has to buy dinner!" he shouted as he gained distance.