Chapter One

Thank you all for checking this book out! I hope you enjoy it just as much as the first! Maybe more!

Chapter One: Elizabeth's POV

My hands shook nervously as I grabbed onto the hanger of my party dress. I was the first woman to ever have to go through with this stupid party.

Apparently since the boys take after my father and can sense their mate anywhere when they are 18 they don't need a party. But, since I'm a female that means that I have to touch people's hands to see who is my mate and then reproduce.

Doesn't that sound romantic? I sighed deeply as I thought of all of those silly romance novels I have read. Where people get to choose if and when they want to date. To me this feels like an arranged marriage.

I don't want to instantly fall in love with someone. I'm shy. Much to my mothers lack of understanding. I don't really know how to even begin to understand the world of dating.

Like when I first touch their hand am I suppose to fall to my feet and bow before them? Because no matter how shy I am I will never do that shit!

I sighed again as I heard a chuckle from the doorway "Going well sis?"

I laughed quietly "If you consider having a panic attack going well then yes. Yes it is!"

Eric shook his head "At least you get to find your mate. I have to wait until I see her."

"Well at least your body tells you when your ready and then you find her. The fricking government tells me I'm ready at 16 and then forces me to mate!"

"He will be your actual mate though!"

"But what if I'm not ready for him?"

He raised an eyebrow and before walking away said "Something tells me you already are!"

My mother shouted "LIZ COME ON ITS TIME TO GET YOUR CUTE ASS DOWN HERE BEFORE MY SEXY ASS GETS BEATEN!"

Both Eric and I laughed at my mothers weirdness.

Kicking Eric out I slipped on my dress and shoes and not even looking in the mirror I ran out the door. I couldn't do this. I wasn't prepared for this!

Trying to not slip down the stairs I walked as gracefully as I could into the living room.

My brother Aiden was grinning as he held hands with his beautiful blonde mate. She was stunning standing at about 5 feet four inches with shoulder length hair and a dazzling silver dress she made me look homeless!

Her blonde hair was a huge contrast to Aidens almost black hair very much like Jakes.

Aiden was tall. Almost 6 feet with bright blue eyes while Eric was 6 feet as well but with lighter hair and hazel eyes just like our mother.All three of us siblings had been best friends since ever. They protect me from everything. Even myself.

I have never felt like I really belonged in my family. I don't even really look like them! I have brown hair with little to no highlights and bright green eyes.

Mother says it makes me special. Is that suppose to be a good thing?

I laughed as I looked at my grandpa and grandma fighting. It seems that Fighty has worn the wrong tie.

"How could you put on the wrong bloody tie? I laid it out specifically for you! How could you miss it?"

He twitched nervous as the whole room erupted in laughter "I'm sorry dear."

He pouted like a little kid just like my father does when my mother was mad at him. It hurt them to upset their mates.

Grandma sighed loudly "Alright. Fine. Just stop the pouting."

Fighty smiled brightly and gave her a kiss much to my disgust. Even if they still looked like teenagers it was still gross!

My mother held out her hand for me to take as she put hers in my fathers.

I grasped her hand tightly as the doors to the ballroom were opened.

I took a deep breath as my family gave me encouraging smiles and walked down as they were announced.

What felt like 5 hours later I heard "May I present Elizabeth Jane Michaels."

Authors Note

Did you guys like it? Hope you did!!! Please vote and comment! Love you all!!!!!

-Disneylover3