12

"I really am glad that most elves don't talk to trees anymore. These ones would have quite the story to tell." Legolas laughed.

"Let them talk." Estel replied. "The whole of the woods will be jealous of what is mine" he said as he laid another of many kisses on Legolas' lips.
----------
A few weeks later, family meals and sleeping indoors had become their new routine, though they did like spending the days outside.

Legolas had been spending more time with his ada. Taking walks and catching up, Thranduil loved learning all about his youngest's interests and skills. Legolas showed him how he had honed his archery skills and told him about the different beautiful places he had found out in the woods. Thranduil quickly learned that Legolas' biggest interest was Estel. He couldn't help but smile every time his iôn would end up talking about him.

Legolas showed him Estel's painting of the waterfall. "Ada, Estel can paint with more skill and beauty than any I've seen."

"I know. He made me a portrait of us. It's perfect, iôn. He's perfect. I am so happy for you." Thranduil said, so thankful that Estel had given him his son back.

"He IS perfect, huh?" Legolas said blushing. "Arwen and Lainor are well matched, I think." he commented.

"I agree. Both of my iôns have found great companions. What else could a king ask for?" Thranduil spoke with a sad but sweet tone.

"Oh, ada! I need to show you..." And they were off. Thranduil couldn't get enough of Legolas' stories and show&tell. He had his little Legolas back, just as bright eyed and lively as the day he was born.

Estel had been catching up with Arwen and Lainor in the times that he was away from Legolas.

"Arwen, you have not stopped smiling in a week! You truly are falling for the prince, aren't you?" Estel teased his sister as they lounged indoors after a morning spent riding.

"I am." She smiled.

"What are the odds that all of this could have happened in such a short span of time? What work of fate managed to not only unite two sets of hearts, but heal them, as well as others?" He asked.

"Estel", Arwen waited until he looked at her. "It was you, not a work of fate. Fate would have seen Legolas too afraid and ashamed to ever free himself of his past. You chose to pursue his heart even when you had not met him. You were patient and loving and honest. You have a compassionate and kind heart, Estel. You cherish life and have no tolerance for those that don't."

Estel had never had anyone compliment him like this before. He could only stare back at his sister's loving eyes. "Arwen, you speak too kindly of me. I am stubborn and ada would remind you that I am always late to everything." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Brother, the only thing you need to learn is that you are precious, and just as worthy of love as those you care for." Arwen spoke.

"I do not know if what you say is true, but thank you, Arwen. It means much that you think so highly of me. I wouldn't change this trip for all the treasure in the world."

Elrond had been listening to the exchange. His heart ached seeing that his children were truly grown, but he was also thankful that two of his children had found such perfect mates.

"What is it they say about the child growing wiser than the parent?" Elrond teased as he walked fully into the room.

"Ada, we have much to learn before you have to worry about that." Arwen laughed.

"Estel, what your sister said is true. All here that have met you have been doting on you." Elrond smiled at his youngest.

"Stop." Estel whined, causing Arwen and Elrond to laugh.