...

So blessed are we
To share such things
As simple little
Memories

Estel was surrounded by two of his favorite people in the world. *So blessed are we, indeed.* he thought as he settled into slumber.
-----------
Lainor had watched Estel and Arwen hurry away from the palace and wondered how he was going to explain this one. He hoped that Elrond would not be mad if he found out that he had been covering for Estel. His words were mostly true, but he still felt like he was deceiving him. *speaking of* he thought when he saw his adar and Elrond walking together in the gardens.

"Thranduil" Elrond spoke.

"Yes, mellon nin?" He responded.

"Do you think I should worry for my son? He has barely stepped foot in the palace since we arrived. I know he is one for adventure, but I can't help but think there is something going on." Elrond replied.

"Don't worry, Lainor has been keeping tabs on him. Now, what they do when they're together? That's what I'm interested in. Could you imagine it? Our kingdom's united by two males?"

Elrond laughed, "you really are as bad as they come. If they were doing such intimate things, why is Lainor always at dinner, and Estel is not?"

Thranduil thought on that for a moment. "I don't know." He gave Elrond a perplexed look.

A few hours later Elrond found Lainor in the stables.

"Have you seen Arwen?" Elrond asked

"Yes, my lord. Estel took her out into the woods. I do not know if they planned on returning this evening. They both had sacks and Arwen had a cloak over her arm. I believe Estel wanted to show her some of the places he has discovered." He responded confidently.

"Well, that makes sense. He gets his wanderlust from her." Said Elrond with a smile on his face. "I do wish I'd get more than a 5 minute meal's time with him. Have you been spending much time with Estel?"

"Not much, no. I do know that what you speak is true, though. The time I have spent with him, he has talked of nothing but what these woods hold." Technically the woods held Legolas, so he wasn't lying.

Just then he was saved from further explanation by a servant looking for him.

"Lainor, more guests have arrived. The king has requested you show them their old chambers." The servant spoke.

*Old chambers?* Lainor thought. "I will be right there." He told the servant. "Pardon me, my lord." He spoke to Elrond.

"Of course." He responded.

When Lainor made his way back to the great room, he was surprised to see a former servant. "Minasson, it has been a long time. What brings you back this way after all these years?"

"Some elves that I have traveled with were told of the great festivities that were to take place here. I figured I'd drop in and see some old friends. If I am not welcome, please just say so." Minasson replied, cornering Lainor into welcoming him.

*i was unaware you had friends* Lainor thought before responding. "I only asked out of curiosity." He thought that was a good enough answer.

Lainor walked him to his old servants chambers, bidding him goodnight.
------------------
Early the next morning, Arwen woke to the sound of soft humming. She sat up and looked over at her brother and his new mellon. They were both asleep, but Legolas looked as if he was having a bad dream. Estel, even in sleep knew something was wrong. Estel's hand was circling up and down his side from Legolas' shoulder to his waist, while humming a soft, sweet melody. Legolas quieted down after a few short moments and the humming stopped, but Estel's hand still made a slow circle up and down Legolas' side for a few moments more.