Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep

Start from the beginning

------------------------------

The two didn't see each other until Sunday, passing by the stone circle.  

Harry, Ron and Hermione went to visit Hagrid in his hut upon realizing he wasnt there, they left with dismay. They all had on muggle clothes except for Draco who wore his wool robes.

"Awh the little Golden Trio going to see their little Oaf friend. Too bad he isn't there. Probably realized how terrible of a life he has and pitched himself off a tower. I mean I'm sure if I lived alone only to be visited once a month by The Boy-Who-Doesn't-Know-How-To-Die, a Weasley, and a mud-"

Draco's eyes went wide as he covered his mouth. He almost said the word. He immediately looked at Harry who was trying not to smile, but failed miserably. Luckily Ron and Hermione's eyes were plastered on the frozen blonde.

Crabbe kicked Draco in the leg and he broke out of his trance of horror. The Slytherins ran away In a sprint leaving the two Gryffindors confused and Harry as happy as could be. He was trying. That's all that mattered.

"What was that about?" Ron asked flabbergasted. However Hermione didn't put in any words for her mouth was slightly ajar and her eyes watered a small amount.

"I don't know. Anyway lets go to lunch. I'm starving." Harry led the two into the great hall away from the Malfoy mess. 

-----------------------------------

Monday night Harry was already down, after dinner, to their secret forest. He heard russling through the green ropes and he stood to face Draco.

"Harry.... I didn't think you would show I'm so sorry I almost called her a mud-" but Harry was already in a full sprint, not knowing how he was going to stop but instead jumped on Draco, wrapping his legs around his torso. The raven haired boy cut off Draco's sentence, smashing their lips together in one big long sloppy kiss.

Draco froze at this, eventually relaxing and giving in, wrapping his arms around the other boy.

"You're not mad at me?" Draco finally asked when they released.

"You're trying. That's all I care about." Draco let Harry fall the to floor. The statement made them both smile like morons. The two interlocked hands and walked over to the fire Harry had started. Both boys were wearing hoodies and pajama pants, however Draco's were made of silk and the finest wool, while Harry's were normal cotton. They also both had on their house scarves and a pair of black socks.

They went to their normal tree and cuddled until they were both sleeping, fire blazing until it went out naturally.  

-------------- 

Harry was not having nightmares, getting well needed sleep. They woke before the sun came up and snuck back into their dorms as if they never left, separating until the next night.

The two continued this all week, but it wasn't until Thursday when something inevitably went wrong.

They went into their normal position and fell asleep as usual. However Draco woke during the night. Unable a to go back to sleep, the Slytherin walked to the lake, putting water on his face to wake him up. It wasn't close to dawn so he figured it was 2 or 3 in the morning.

Walking back, Harry began to shake. Draco however though Harry was cold and simply put his scarf around the Gryffindor. Draco sat chriscross from Harry examining his features when Harry began to shake violently.

"Harry?" The boy sweat and shook even more. Mumbling can be heard from his throat.

"Don't leave me"

"What"

"No, no no"

"Harry?!"

"No. NO NO STOP PLEASE"

"HARRY!" But the Gryffindor was already in a fit. Draco tried to wake him up by shaking his shoulders, screaming his name, everything! Fear enveloped him and he couldn't think of anything but trying to save him.

One last resort, Draco kissed Harry on the forehead and Harry's eyes split open, cold sweat running down his face.

"Harry!"

"Draco. Oh right sorry just another nightmare," Harry said hesitantly looking anywhere but his eyes.

"Another nightmare? What do you mean by another?" Harry didn't want to tell him anything about that.  

"Harry Potter! You tell me right now"

Draco stood on his knees, getting closer to the laying down Gryffindor, attempting to look intimidated.

"Okay fine.... Whenever I fall asleep I have a nightmare but with you I don't. Happy?"

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I don't need your sympathy!" Draco pounced on Harry, kissing violently, biting, sucking, everything to get his anger out and show him how he felt. He began kissing down his face, using his hands to pull off the scarf so he could continue along his neck. He bit his neck enough to make Harry yelp, then licked it over. That would leave a hickey for sure.

"Sympathy? Harry it's not sympathy it's caring! I'm your boyfriend! I should be able to know!"

"Why does it matter? What are going to do about it? Cry? It doesn't mean anythi-" Draco captured his lips, softer and full of affection.

"Because I care. Because I want to know you are okay"

"I'm fine. I promise." Draco wanted to know about the dreams, however he felt as though it would be over stepping a boundary, for Harry was already sensitive about the subject in general.

"I can make you dreamless sleep potion. It would help. We can stop sleeping outside," Draco suggested. Harry shook his head in agreement.

"It will be okay, right?" Harry's voice cracked.

"It will be alright, I promise."

But little did he know, it wouldn't.