Chapter Six

Hey guys, sorry about the long wait for an update (I BLAME SCHOOL, and soccer...and life..), and if you like this fanfic you'd probably like my Hard Life book...and my other Leo fanfics (I think I have a lot of those) I just started it so tell me how it is, okay?
Okay.
And on with the chappy!

°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°

Leo POV

I back away my hands shaking.

"I...killed her." I repeat, as tears pool my eyes.

"Leo." Percy said softly, not knowing what else to say.

Looking down, I purse my lips. Pushing my sobs down.

Piper stood motionless, disbelief written across her face.

Jason stares at me with an open mouth. Shocked.

Everyone in the room gets blurry and I feel a cool sensation on my cheeks.

"Leo..." I hear Paul say, and I feel strong arms pull me into a hug.

I weakly push back, but Paul insists. I let him hug me, as I bury my head into his shoulder.

I don't want everyone to see me cry. I've already been embarrassed enough tonight.

I'm the stupid entertainment.

Hey everyone! Look here! The idiot baby's crying again!

I hold in my tears and emotions, but this time there's no where to run. No where to run away from these emotions.

And all hell is breaking loose.

Slowly tears find their way though my squeezed shut eyes, and into Paul's shirt.

Then I start shaking harder and let out a muffled sob.

I cry and cry and cry. Until there's hardly any more tears left in me.

And the only reason I force my self to stop, is because it hurts too much inside.

I never cry. Well, I never try to cry. Crying is a weakness.

Once someone sees you crying they know your weak, and they can use that against you.

I lean into Paul and remember the last time I was hugged. The last time someone cared enough to hug me.

The last time I let them.

I pull back a little and say,"I-I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry, man. I can't..well I shouldn't..I can't-"

"Leo." Paul lifts up my chin and looks me in the eyes. "Its okay."

"But it's not." I say, my voice cracking, as I move my head away.

"That's the thing, it's not okay. Its not. None of this is."

"Well you can stop it Leo." Jason says, finding his voice. "You can just stop running."

I laugh bitterly. "Brilliant idea Grace, but its not that simple."

"Why not?" Hazel asks, her eyes puffy from crying.

Oh gods... I made Hazel cry?

I sigh and quite helpfully say,"It just isn't."

"Leo-" Percy starts, but I stop him.

Because he doesn't understand. None of them do.

"Just stop guys." I say unconsciously taking a step back towards the front door.

"None of you get it." I say trying to explain. "None of you understand. You don't how it was to grow up the way I did. You guys-"

"None of us had the best life a kid could have, Valdez." Nico interrupts me saying.

"Percy," Nico continues. "Well, everyone knows what Percy's done. Annie, here, ran away when she was seven, then fended for herself until she met Luke and Thalia, then Luke turns bad and is possessed by some evil dude, then redeems himself and dies."

Annabeth stares at Nico, like he is on her hit list.

Nico ignores her.

"Hazel, here, accidentally exploded a volcano killing her mom and herself in the process, then comes back to life and has me as a brother which can't be easy."

"That's not true." Hazel mutters.

"Frank is cool and all, but his life is on a piece of wood. Which is already partly burned! And he trusted my sister enough to practically give her his life."

Nico says shrugging of the awkward look Frank is giving him.

"Piper has to live with a famous guy, making her famous, who doesn't really have time for her but still loves her. Then her father is kidnapped, and well, you already know what happened next."

Piper just looks at Nico as if wondering where's he's going with this.

"Then," Nico points to Jason.
"Jason was given to a wolf when he was a baby, and grew up amongst the animals. And he also ate a stapler, so I'm assuming he wasn't the brightest little kid."

Jason looks offended at this.

"And me," Nico says shrugging. "I'm a child of Hades. We never have simple lives. Hazel can vouch for that."

"So," Nico's eyes suddenly getting hard. "If your feeling sorry for yourself then you better just run away because that's the stupidest thing to feel right now."

I stare at Nico, not daring to look down.

Nico just stares back, and honestly, we both know how this is going to end.

~ONE HOUR LATER~

"I still say he started it." I grumble, putting the ice on my bruised cheek.

"You freaking jumped at me and gave me a black eye!" Nico yells at me, icing his eye.

"You pushed me into the damn table! You-"

"Boys!" Sally shouted at both of us.

That instantly quieted us, but we still fiercely glared at each other.

Okay I guess, I might have possibly started it, but I'd never admit that.

"You guys are so stupid." Piper says putting a huge band-aid on my arm.
Stupid table had to break.

"Yep." Hazel agreed as she rubbed something on Nico's shoulder.

Hey, if he can push me on the table, I can push him into the wall.

I cross my arms, then wince as the cut on my arm rubs against the band-aid.

"You guys should be happy you weren't seriously injured. And it was no ones fault." Jason retorts, always trying to be the peacemaker.

"Sure." Nico says rolling his eyes.

I open my mouth to say something, but we all freeze with a loud knock comes from the front door and a man's voice firmly says,

"This is the police open up. We have reason to believe you may have a boy, Leonardo Valdez, in there?"

°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

There y'all go, another update! Idk why Nico had such a big part in this...it kinda just happened.

So yeah hope you enjoy the cliffhanger and comment vote blah blah blah.

Peace.