Chapter Three

Leos POV

I open my eyes and notice I'm in a bed. An actual bed. In a room. That's lit up as if it's morning.

Though that doesn't make sense because that means I slept here overnight.

Here?

Percy's mom walks into the room and everything that happened last night's floods into my head.

"Oh." I say out loud.

"'Oh' what?" She says and I try to sit up but a dull pain strikes through my chest.

"Ow ow ow ow oww." I say laying back down.

"Yeah." She says. "You don't have to get up for me."

Then she hands me a cup of liquid, which I look at skeptically.

"Sorry, who are you?" I say bluntly.

She sits on the side of my bed.

"Only the person that nursed you back to health. That, and Percy's mom." She smiles and my health skipped a beat.

I barely know this woman but I already love her. And then I become bitterly envious of Percy to have such a mom like this.

To have a mom at all.

"Well, thanks....?"

I'm not really used for people to go out of their way to do something for me.

She laughs lightly and then the man from last night walks in. He looks worn. I know the feeling.

"How are you?" He asks worriedly.

I sit up, despite the pain.

To say, in short, I'm a little intimidated of these people.

"Fine." I say, defensively.

He looks at me weirdly but says, "Percy called, or Iris messaged I should say, your friends at camp. They should be here in a few minutes."

My heart jumps up to my throat.

"W-what? Why?"

They look at me strangely, but before they could ask anything else the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" A voice screams from the room next to the one I'm in.

I see Percy run past the room and hear the front door open.

I stumble, half asleep, trying to get out if bed.

"No no. You have to rest." The woman resists.

"I have to go. I'm fine." I say, obviously lying.

"Where is he?!" I hear someone shriek from the another room.

The man pushes me back in bed and says firmly. "You're not fine. Your hurt and need to rest."

Tangled in sheets I look up to see a very very angry Piper.

Behind her are Jason, Hazel, Frank, Nico, Annabeth, and Percy.

"H-hey guys." I say quietly.

Jason looks at me sadly and Frank, along with Nico, just look confused. Hazel, Annie, and especially Piper start yelling.

"What we're you thinking-"

"Don't you ever, ever-"

"I swear I'm going to-"

"Why would you-"

"I missed you so much-"

"I'm so glad your back-"