Entering Lothlorien

Magsimula sa umpisa

But suddenly Lessien felt a cold piercing pain at the center of her spine, almost ripping through her clothes.

In front of her many fair-skinned elves appeared, aiming arrows at every seeming spot on her body. The elves surrounded the group.

Unlike her father, Gimli, and Legolas, Lessien did not draw her weapon, even with the feel of steel on her back. She did not feel the need to defend herself, for although this place felt strange, Lessien realized that it was all Good.

A few paces away, she heard Gimli and Legolas conversing with a few of the elves but they were too far to hear what they were saying.

After moments of her companions sitting and arguing, Lessien finally decided to speak. The feeling of security guided her. She was rather quiet though, almost reverant, as she said to the elf who faced her, "Forgive me, Lord. We apologize for our inappropriate tresspassing through these parts. We are on a quest for the time-being and are in need of a restock on food and supplies. If you would be so kind as to provide us that, we will tell you of our whereabouts."

"Do not think I would be so foolish, young one. No matter the way you look, there is always chance that you could be spies from Mordor." With the elf's harsh words the constant feel of steal drove a little further into her skin. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you now."

"Please! There is Aragorn, once known among elves as Estel. Please, I am Lessien Tiwele, Larahliea, Ranger of the North. I am the daughter of Arwen Undomiel," Lessien explained, somehow knowing that this piece of information would be helpful to her.

She could feel the arrowhead pierce her skin and make its way slowly deeper into her. The familiar trickle of blood ran down her back, and she whimpered a bit. "Ease!" she arched her spine.

The elf looked at her and said the next few words with great caution, "Arwen is your mother?"

"I swear it on my life," she murmured. Lessien's fists clenched and she was very aware of the blood that currently dripped down her back.

She made eye contact with the elf she spoke to and glanced Aragorn's way.

Don't you see it? Don't you know?

Lessien was Aragorn and Arwen's daughter and this piece of information was crucial to their survival from these elves who currently held them hostage.

The elf looked between Lessien and Aragorn what felt like countless times.

"I am Legolas, son of Thranduil. I can vouch for her. What she says is true."

The elf gave a sign to his soldiers.

Instantly Lessien was dragged back and felt unfamiliar arms around her.

Everyone was being fitted with cloths to obscure their vision.

"No unfamiliar eyes should see the wonders of Lothlórien. This is the reason for the blindfolds," it was explained.

The journey was an annoying one. Behind her Lessien heard the tumbling of the hobbits and of Sam's cursing. She herself miraculously did not stumble once, despite the uncomfortable wound on her back. The singing in the distance had amplified, sounding like beautiful haunting ghosts moaning around them.

The closer they got to the fortress the more Lessien's wrists were irritated by the rubbing together of her bonds. 

Everyone save Legolas and Aragorn were complaining around her the whole time of there weary feet, sore wrists, and itchy eyes.

When the fair elves finally lifted off their blindfolds, the sight in front of them was breathtaking.

The trees were thicker and taller here than they had been when they first had started traveling through the forest. Elegant staircases wound around the trunks with angelic lights dancing around in the dreamy blue of the forest. It was all light, white light, and it was like a huge sigh of relief after the Darkness of the Mine they had just traveled through.