Entering Lothlorien

Two weeks after the death in the Mines, the Fellowship was still making their way to Mordor. The Realm of Lothlórien was where they traveled for the time-being. The forest seemed dense, the air they breathed and the trees, with an enchantment. Everything breathed here and in the distance Lessien thought she could hear soft singing. The singing was unnerving and the stories which Gimli told did her uneasiness no good. All of the light seemed to be blue.

"They say an elf-witch realms these parts, and she'll bewitch you with the worst of spells. No matter-"

Lessien's thoughts trailed off from his speech. It would seem so childish to believe such folly legends, yet her conscience was still not at rest. This unnerving business was different from what she felt in the Mines, it was not much evil that she felt. It felt more like, well, she could not quite name it.

Soon enough, Lessien felt herself daydreaming, drifting through the enchanting golden beams of light.

Witch, she thought to herself, If there was such a witch, let us see.

Lessien began to prod with her mind, searching and searching for any being here other than her companions, giving her the feel of walking down a corridor and opening doors. This is what she called Dreamwalking, where she was able to sense others nearby and what they feeling, though she could not read what they were thinking.

But Lessien did not know who or what she was looking for and the enchanted feeling of even a single tree she passed was far too distracting.

Nevertheless, in the swirling confusion, she felt someone's presence, someone's mind, near her own.

She began to further press forward with her mind the best she could but the spirit she sensed was strong, much stronger than her own or any that she had encountered.

This feeling did not overpower her with the fear or Darkness as the Balrog did, it was simply powerful and ancient. Lessien assumed the consciousness she felt was the aforementioned witch's.

When Lessien had made it into the witch's mind she felt uneasy. It didn't feel like she had invaded the space but rather felt as this someone had let her in.

Before her the fairest face she had ever witnessed appeared. It was perfectly pale and promptly shaped, with gorgeous golden cresses falling in waves to frame it. Wise blue eyes, twinkling with the light of a thousand ancient stars, stared into her own. The witch's lips were as full and pink as a tulip in spring. Could someone this stunning really be the ancient witch that Gimli spoke of?

"Du algar sinomë." (You should not be here.) The powerful woman spoke in a low murmur, using the ancient elven language Sindarin.

The supposed-witch's eyes widened at the sight of Lessien standing in her golden Dreamworld and then she was immediately shut out of the mysterious woman's mind.

Returning back to her trek, Lessien feared that she had given the Fellowship's position away with her foolish searching.

Behind her, she heard Gimli's rather loud footsteps and the snapping of twigs in his wake, his big booming voice spoke so loud that she feared hobbits in Bag End could hear him.

It was rather annoying, actually, to hear him trumping about when birds chirped in a beautiful symphony overhead in what felt like a spiritual place. It even seemed that his noise entered her thoughts, that were of quite an importance right then.

She was debating whether to tell Aragorn of the woman she had seen. Would it matter? Would he be angry? And then she thought she should keep no secret from him, quickening her strides to catch up with her father.