Chapter 21

Beth
I was in the basement. I walked down there and grabbed my gun I need to take my anger out. Before I could start shooting my phone rang. I didn't bother to check the screen. I swiped it and answered.

"Hello?" 

"Yes, is this Bethany?" The caller asked.

"This is she," I say.

"Oh thank God! I've been trying to reach you. It's Ana," She said and my jaw drops. 

"Oh my God, Ana! I thought Cody had killed you" I exclaim over the phone. I run my hand through my hair.

"No but I'm headed for your place right to explain everything," she says.

"Okay see you soon," then I hung up. I walked upstairs to my room to change quickly. I headed for the kitchen until I heard men yelling. I lean my body against the wall and peek over a bit to see three men dressed in black pointing their guns at Dean. How the f*ck did this happen? I quickly yet quietly ran to the basement and grabbed my gun as fast as I could. One of the men was about to pull the trigger but I shot him from my angle before he could do anything. I jumped out completely exposing my full body and shot the other one but the last man kicked the gun out of my hands. He full-on attacked me with punches. I try to fight back but he was three times my size. He pushed me into the wall and his knife cut the side of my cheek and without hesitation, he stabbed me in the thigh. I yelped in pain looking down at the knife. He threw me to the ground as he had the gun pointed at my head. I close my eyes. I heard a gunshot I open my eyes and looked to see Dean holding a gun from one of three men. I tried to pull the knife out of my leg, "Beth, no-" Dean yelped but it was too late blood began to gush out. Bad idea Beth, you're an idiot. Dean held out his hand to help me up. But I pushed him away. I tried to get up but I failed and fell back on the ground as I groan in pain.

"Beth let me help you, please?" Dean begged. "Fine, take me to the hospital after we call the police" I groan feeling dizzy. He nods and a few minutes later the police and ambulance show up. They help with the bleeding and take me away on the gurney as Dean stayed behind talking to the police.

-Dean-
After I give the report to the police I rush out to my car in the front driveway. Another car pulls up next to me. They pulled the window down to see a girl with brown hair and eyes around her 20s. "Hey does Bethany live here?" She asks me. "Uh yeah, why?" I say. 

"Because I'm her sister, Ana," She said. Holy sh*t she's alive and free. 

"Nice to finally met you. There's been an accident. Follow me," I say to her and she nods.

10 minutes later.....

We arrived at the hospital as Bethany already had a room. I called the crew and explained what happened there on their way over here now. Bethany's sister was there talking to the doctor as the crew showed up. 

Cole walked up to me and gave me a bone-crushing hug. "Thanks, man for saving my girl" He whispered into my ear. I nodded a bit confused considering how the last conversation we had didn't end well. Ana came over to Cole to ask him something. Cole told her where his room was as she went to go see him. My heart pained replaying what Cole said, I missed Bethany being mine. I need to talk to him. I looked around the waiting but he wasn't there.

"Hey, you guys? Where's Cole?" I ask the crew.

"He went outside," Jesse said. I walked outside and saw him kissing a blonde-headed girl. They pulled away as Cole said " I'm only using Bethany so I can still have her spot on the football team since she's not even there half the time. Baby, I promise I'll break her heart when she gets out." What the fuck he was only using her?! "Okay, baby I trust you. I have to go bye" the girl said and walked away. Cole turned around and froze once he saw me. "It's not what it looks like," He said. "Oh really? I just saw you kiss that girl and said that you are using Bethany" I say to him as he looks away in shame. 

"Get the fuck out here Cole. I can't believe you. I'll tell Beth what you did," I said and he scoffs, "You did the same thing and you think she'll believe you?"

"I only hurt her because of you. I saw you two kissing but other than that no. I would never use her," I step closer to him.

"Yeah sure," He snickers. 

I get close to him, "Just get the f*ck out of here. She's been through enough," I hiss and he pushes me before walking away to his car. He gives me a long glare before getting inside.

I walk back into the hospital and ask the doctor to see Bethany. I walk into her room as she was sleeping like an angel. I take a sit beside her and hold her hand.

"Bethany I know you're asleep but I just wanna say that ever since I met you I've changed, in a good way. You've made me who I really I'm. This might sound crazy but I'm in love with you Bethany. I've never met a girl that's smart, brave, and gorgeous. Bethany I know I've been a bad friend to you and I deserve to be punished. I'm sorry for everything I've done. You mean the world to me, Bethany. You have no idea how much I care for you if even if it doesn't seem like it by my actions but I do. Gosh damn it, I love you, Bethany," I admit as I look up at her, "If only you were awake to hear that because I don't think I can say that in front of you" I sigh.

"I am awake you dumb ass" she mumbles. I look up to see her smiling, and I chuckle.

"You heard what I said?"I ask. "Yeah I did that was sweet of you Dean," she says in a raspy voice. I get up, "I'll go get the others," 

"Wait," She says making me stop, "Can it just be you?"

"Sure," I give her a soft smile. I sit back down and she lets me hold her hand.