.................................................................................................................................
InuYasha and the group stopped at a village."May we rest here?"Miroku asked a villager.

"Yes lord Monk,"they replied. "We have no problem."

"Hey, how's the priestess doing?"two villagers passing by talked.

"She's weak. Seems as she's ill."one replied.

"Eh? A priestess?!"InuYasha asked,"Who is the priestess?"

"A priestess by the name of Kikyo,"they responded.

"Kikyo?! Where is she?!'

"At that hut," The villager pointed to a large hut with people entering and exiting.

"You're going to check on her, aren't you?"Koga asked when he noticed Kagome saddened.

"Stay out"InuYasha yelled as he ran into the hut. Kikyo was resting with two village girls giving her water. Kikyo opened her eyes and saw him.

"InuYasha.."she spoke softly. The girls noticed that they wanted to be alone so they bowed and left.

"Kikyo.."he whispered.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was going by and decided to rest here,"

"Have...have you noticed anything strange?'Kikyo said using her bits of strength.

"No..why?"

"I'm weak because..something or someone is taking the souls before me,"

"Don't worry! I'll stop the creature from taking your souls,"

"InuYasha..I'm glad you're here," Kikyo smiled. Selena walked in and saw InuYasha holding Kikyo's hand. She narrowed her eyes and had her hands on her waist.

"Excuse me but we don't have time for this,"

"Selena,"he said as he stood back up. "Kikyo..I'll come to check on you," Selena also started to leave but Kikyo stopped her by saying,

"You resent me, don't you?"

"Huh?" Selena was surprised by the sudden question.

"I know you do,"

"I...don't hate you. I just..."

"Is it because of Kagome?'

"Yes..its because of Kagome. She gets hurt every time you and InuYasha are together. You can't blame her,"

"I see...do you remember the talk we had before?"

"That you met InuYasha first and loved him,"

"Now that I'm back I have a chance of that again,"

"You're not the same Kikyo from 50 years ago...she's dead,"

"But thanks to this body, I can be here,"

"Don't you get it? You're not the same Kikyo!" Kikyo was silent for a moment, "I'm..sorry," Kikyo smiled.

"I guess you're right," Selena flushed.

"...Kikyo despite everything..I'll help you,"

"Help me?"

"I'll help you get your souls back,"

"Selena.."Kikyo took a breath,"I'm grateful to you,"

"You don't have to. I'm not really doing much and I'm not that helpful but.."

"I should be. You've helped me in ways I can't explain. I'm glad.."she smiled again. Selena looked at her confused.

"Kikyo..."

"Go and join your friends. I'll be okay.."

"Are..you sure?"

"Yes. You should go.." When Selena stepped outside, she saw Kagome sitting with Sango."Uh..is she mad?"Selena asked Miroku.

"Yes.."he sighed."She called InuYasha an idiot who doesn't understand girl's feelings."

"Again? They always fight,"

"Just like a married couple,"

"Worse than that,"

"Selena, how's the priestess?"Koga asked.

"Well, hanging on."

"Whats wrong with her anyways?"

"She doesn't have any strength she gets from girls' souls,"

"Eh? She uses souls?"

"It's really complicated but here's the short story. Something is taking the souls Kikyo needs to move."

"It's that serious?"

"I have a feeling its Naraku,"she concluded.

"That bastard? What does he have against her?"

"50 years ago he made Kikyo and InuYasha to turn against each other. He injured and killed Kikyo."

"He caused everyone misery,"

'I know. I hate him.."

"Selena, I'll protect you from Naraku even if it costs me my life,"he promised.

"Koga.."Selena blushed."Thank you."