Chapter 9

Kikyo walked with her soul collectors. She stopped when she saw Selena."She must be with InuYasha,"she said softly. Selena also noticed Kikyo.

"Hey, it's..."Selena stopped. She didn't want an argument between Kagome and InuYasha but the soul collectors flew by.

"Soul Collectors? It's Kikyo.."trailed off InuYasha. Kikyo appeared to them.

"InuYasha.."Kikyo said.

"Kikyo.."InuYasha looked at her like he wanted to embrace her.

"You're looking for Naraku,"Kikyo said.

"Yeah but I can't pick up his scent,"

"Lady Kikyo, you too have problems finding him?"Miroku asked.

"Yes Monk ,"Kikyo glanced at Selena and Koga."you still haven't used the arrow I gave you?"

"No,"replied Selena.

"InuYasha..do you know why that boy is working for Naraku?" Kikyo was talking about Kohaku. Sango's face saddened.

"Yeah. He's controlling him. Kohaku has a shard in his back,"

"He's controlling him? Yet his eyes are not of a puppet,"

"What? That can't be,"

"Maybe he regained his memories,"Kagome said."Last time he look like he hesitated to attack Koga,"

"He attacked Koga?"

"Yeah. Koga has two shards."

"I don't feel them to be tainted,"

"They're clean,"she informed.

"Naraku wants to completely taint the jewel,"

"We won't let him,"InuYasha said."we'll stop him at all costs" Kikyo glanced at everyone.

"I see..you have a great team,"

"I don't count Koga but he's staying with Selena,"

"InuYasha..you don't need my help," Kikyo turned around to leave.

"Kikyo!"InuYasha stopped her."I.." He saw Kagome look away. "Be careful,"

"I will,"Kikyo left with her soul collectors.

................................................................................................................................................

It was night. Kagome sat away from the rest of the group who were staying warm by a fire. Selena saw how hurt Kagome was. It was obvious that InuYasha didn't want Kikyo to leave. Selena went to Kagome. "Kagome.."

"I can't compete with Kikyo because..she's dead while I'm alive,"Kagome mumbled.

"Kagome, you can't let Kikyo take InuYasha," Selena said.

"What can I do?"

"Show him you're as pretty and important as Kikyo,"

"What?"Kagome blushed.

"I know it's hard to compete with Kikyo. InuYasha and Kikyo met 50 years ago. They loved each other. Plus she is pretty,"

"Thanks for the motivation," Kagome muttered.

"Sorry,"she aplogized looking down.

"It's ok. You're right,"

"I hate it when I'm right sometimes,"

"Barely,"Kagome laughed.

"Very funny,"

"So how's it going between you two?"

"You mean me and Koga?"

"Who else?"

"Well, nothing romantic,"

"Yet,"

"Yeah, yet.."

"He's gotten over me fast,"

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yeah but I don't want him to hurt you,"

"I'm sure he won't,"

"I'm glad you're happy,"

"Me too!"Selena smiled. "We should head back. InuYasha was worried,"

"He was?"

"Yup. He really was!"

"Wow,"Kagome's face lit up.

"Let's go,"Selena and Kagome stood up. When they got to the group, they were eating. "Uh..what are you guys eating?"

"Lizards,"Miroku replied. Kagome and Selena looked at each other in disgust.

"Eww. I'm not eating that,"Selena opened her bag and took out some chips. "You guys can have some if you want,"she offered. "They are way better than that."

"Thanks Selena!"Shippo said cheerfully.

"InuYasha..have some," Selena showed him the bag.

"Nah. I don't want any,"

"But.."

"InuYasha, she's offering you. Take it,"Koga said.

"Feh,"

"You're a idiot,"

"Mangy Wolf,"

"Mutt,"

"You.."

"What?"

"....Nothing,"

"Never mind,"

"You guys.."Kagome sighed."Stop arguing. Just eat. InuYasha, I brought some ramen,"

"Ramen?!"InuYasha sounded excited."That's really good!"

"I thought that would cheer you up!" Kagome smiled while everyone laughed.