Can't I Just Go?

"Fay, what are you thinking?" I heard Miranda beg. I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. School was halfway over and Miranda had just stumbled upon me as I tried to find a place without anyone.

Unfortunately, that failed.

"Fay, Josh told us what happened." At the sound of his name, I let my head drop, tears filling my eyes. I felt someone hug me followed by another pair of arms. I looked up quickly to see Colton there, giving me a sad look. I felt my throat tighten, before I clung to them, crying.

"It's not fair! He was supposed to explain what happened. It wasn't supposed to be this way. He promised he would," I blubbered out, hysterical sobs leaving me.

"Who?" Colt asked, rubbing circles on my back.

"That damn Jake. He s-said that he'd leave me alone if I didn't feel anything in that stupid kiss and I didn't. So he was going to leave me and he promised that if Josh found out, he'd tell him what happened."

I could feel Miranda's reprimanded gaze on me. "To be totally honest, you shouldn't have agreed to it."

I sniffed. "I know..."

I stood up and walked away from the couple, but hearing the footsteps behind me. "Where are you going?" Colton asked, putting a hand on my shoulder and making me stop in my footsteps.

"I...need to go see my cousin..."I trailed of. Miranda sent me a reprimanded look.

"You can't keep running away from your problems, Fay. You tried that and now, look where it landed you." I winced, but she continued. "I'm sure if you explain things to Josh, he'll understand. And ... maybe instead of going out with him right after you guys make up, you can maybe start from scratch. You know, make your relationship even stronger."

I slowly nodded my head. "I suppose..."

"Now shall we go to lunch?" she asked me, forcing a smile onto my face.

"Sure."