16

Avalon POV

      I was conscious, I was feeling the movements of everything and everyone. I had something tight in my arms, " Avalon. Please wake " said a voice. I didn't move I just kept frozen and still, " Avalon awake please " pleaded the voice. I felt to weak and extremely exhausted to say anything. I felt tired, I just wanted to sleep once more.

   I took a deep breath opening my eyes, my throat burned as well as my eyes. " Water " I croaked out. Harry handed me a glass of water and helped me drink. I looked at what I was gripping tightly, " Ace. Ace wake up " I said. The boy did not move, my mind began to panic.  " Ace,  son wake up " said Harry.  I grabbed him gently taking a deep breath, "Awaken " I whispered in his ear. Ace's eyes opened wide and he began wheezing, I handed him water.

" What happened ? Was the kingdom attacked ?" he said worried. " No my dear son. We were enchanted. You both have lasted very long in the enchantment " said Harry.

" Enchantment ? What enchantment ?" I said confused. " You don't remember anything ?" said Harry confused. Just as I was about to speak the front door opened, Elizabeth gasped. " Harry there is a ball. Someone has made a ball in your honor " she said and looked at me. I made a confused look, " My honor ?"

She took a deep breathing holding onto her stomach, "Marriage. They believe you and Harry have tied the knot. That you are the fallen Queen of Eudora " said Elizabeth. My eyes widened and I looked at Harry. " Did -"

" Heaven's sake no. Who defined my trust !" said Harry angrily. " Forgive me Harry." said Mary. Harry's eyes darkened, " Mary ? You did this !"

" I did what I had to do for my kingdom. My queen lies in her soul and I have answered the call " she said. Her words her rehearsed. Her eyes were steady, her posture was rigid. " You must cancel such madness. How was I not informed that there was a ball " said Harry angrily. Mary's eyes darkened in color, "I am a citizen of Aeries. I feed the Aeries king. I live in the Aeries kingdom. However I was born in Eudora. I served the Eudora, Queen and King. I nurtured the Eudora princess. I cleaned the Eudora princess. I saw the Eudora princess collapse. I saw Eudora collapse ! A new chance has been given. The bastard child of the king !" she said and looked at me. She bent down rapidly looking at me.

   She grabbed my hands and I remained frozen. " You are our Queen. Take the kingdom from a selfless King. He can't help us. He can't help you. Rise my queen. You're kingdom is waiting. Return to us. " said Mary.

     I tried moving away, " Please. You're mistaken. I am no queen. I am a commoner. You are mistakened, you're queen is dead-"

  I got slapped in the face. She grabbed me. She held me and put a knife against my throat. " You are all fools !" she screamed. I gasped as her hand on my throat tightened.

   She moved us slowly, " YOU ARE
ALL FOOLS ! HE IS COMING TO SAVE US ! HE IS GOING TO MAKE HER A QUEEN AGAIN !". I attempted to squirm, Elizbeth moved Ace away. Harry yelled foreign words out. I moved and moved but Mary's grip became tighter.

" STOP THIS " I cried out. Elizabeth began speaking but I couldn't hear. Harry looked at me, trying to reason with Mary.

    " Please don't " he cried. " I hate you. You killed my queen. You killed them both. May her death be once more on your hands. You thought life would be far. Prepare to know what true pain is Avalon " she laughed evilly.

   The knife got closed to my throat, " I heard people born from Eclipses often bleed more. Shall we find out !"

    It was quick and rapid, something sharp poked my back and I arched forward. I fell to the ground feeling something warm in my back. I brought my hand to my neck. Harry rushed to me and held me tightly giving my a kiss on the forehead. I was fine. I was okay.

I turned slowly gulping and saw the sword come out of Mary. " This women. She is with bad spirits " said a man. Mary's body fell to the ground limp and I coved my hands covering my gasps. Her blood was on me. Her blood was on me. HER BLOOD WAS ON ME.

I began hyperventilating ," Her blood. Its on me " I cried. Elizabeth leaned against the wall, " I - I can't " she said and ran off. I leaned against the wall, " Women. Always so dramatic over a little bit of blood. Don't they bleed it out for 7 days. Why must they make such fuss about this " said the man.

" You killed this innocent women! I am the king. I could have you beheaded !" said Harry. I felt sick. I needed to throw up.

" She is a bad spirit. She would have killed you're lady. The blade, its covered in poison. One touch and she is dead. This women would have died either way, you're the king. She tried killing your mistress, or are you the Mrs. ?" he said raising an eyebrow. " She is my lady in waiting. Who are you ! " said Harry.

He bowed, " My name is Ronaldo Cortez of Espana " he smirked and winked at me. I felt even more sick, " He killed Mary " I said. Edgar appeared, " Mary! MARY " he cried. " She tried killing the fair maiden there " said Ronaldo.

" She would never do such a thing " said Edgar. " Its true " said Hardy weakly. Edgar cried softly, " Maids come here. We have an incident. We are having a proper funeral for her. May her soul rest in piece " cried Edgar. Harry gave him a hug and I just stared at the body. The dead body. What the hell was going on!

Mary was an incident soul, in the short time I knew her. I didn't expect her to do such a thing. I didn't expect her to kill or attempt a kill. I- I didn't know anymore. I got up slowly walking away and towards my room.

" Lady Avalon. Would you like a bath ?" said the maid. " Run the water please. I'll bath myself please. I want privacy " I pleaded. The maid nodded, she ran the water and left. I undressed and got into the hot water. I sat down looking at the bland walls. I held my legs up to my chest and began crying. I cried and cried and the water went from clear to marked with blood.

I added some soap to my hair and my skin wanting to rid any type of blood. I bent down slowly and let myself fall to the bottom of the back tub. I looked up, the ceiling looked higher than usual. It looked colorful yet to simple.

A foreign architect must have created it. I looked up once more and saw her. She bent down holding my down. I began squirming choking in the water. " IF YOU WONT BE OUR QUEEN YOU WILL DIE !" said Mary.

I tried moving around but she was fast. She was laughing as she kept me in the water. I began choking and slowly it stopped and I was pulled to the surface. Harry pulled me out wrapping his body around my naked body. He put me down and slowly patted my back and I coughed the water out. I looked at him and he looked at me worried.

" You- you had your hands around your own neck. Avalon what were you doing " he said weakly. I looked at him, " I don't know. I- I saw Mary. She was holding me. I couldn't move. I - I don't know what I was doing. Am I going mad ?" I whispered. Harry hugged my tightly, " You're in shock. You'll get over it " said Harry.

" Have you ever seen a person die" I whispered. " I joined the military. Everyone always died. It was a miracle I didn't " he said.