13

Cody's P.O.V.

Kyle and I heard the scream at the same time. We both took off running toward the front door. I called 911 before I took off, I told them ambulance and cops were needed. When I got outside there was glass everywhere. I rounded the corner to see Willow on the ground, bleeding, broken, and bruised. I was over her in seconds. She looked confused and tired.  She sighed when she saw me above her. She smiled slightly and  stared into my eyes closing her eyes for a second then opening them. She kept doing that but each time she kept them closed a little bit longer. Then she closed her eyes one last time falling asleep. The ambulance spun in with cops close behind. They took her in the ambulance and the cops took my statement. Soon enough they went after Tyler and he ran. They found the camera Willow hid. It showed everything. Her being tied. Running for the door. Crashing through the window. It showed Tyler packing a small bag and running out of the room. The worst part, was the sickening smile she had when she broke through the glass, but the thing that was burned into my brain the most, was Tyler's smirk when she jumped.

I've been sitting in this hospital for I don't know how long. I haven't ate. I haven't slept. I haven't done anything but cry and panic, and cry some more. I'm not ashamed either. I admit I bawl like a little bitch. The nurses never make me leave. They never make me move. It feels like weeks since I seen Willows beautiful eyes. Since I've felt her body heat. Since we laughed together. Since I heard her sarcastic comments. Since she spoke Anything. Since anything.  I miss her so much. She lays in the hospital bed. Not moving. Making no sounds at all. Not even breathing. The machine is making her breathe. The room stays dead silent except for my sobs and the sounds of hospital machines. She has a concussion. A damaged spinal cord. Her lung collapsed after glass went through her. She has stitches in her left thigh, and her right upper arm. Cuts and bruises scattered her pale, corpse-like body. Kyle tried to make me go home eat and shower earlier today. I started to cry again, but this time I cried until I fell asleep on the chair next to her.

I woke to Kyle and Willows mom talking to the doctor. "We are going to take her off the ventilator, she seems to be breathing on her own." The doctor said to them. "Her lung is gradually getting better, her spinal cord is healing correctly, and rather quickly. Her injuries should have killed her. She's definitely a fighter." The doctor said shaking their hands before walking away. Sure enough Willow was breathing on her own and should wake up any time now. The heart machine started to beep faster, meaning her heart rate started accelerating. But that's when I heard a slight gasp and looked to see her eyes wide open, observing every detail. I had her hand in mine in seconds. A nurse and a doctor were in the room in a matter of seconds but it didn't matter because her lips were locked to mine.