"I-I think so." I was beginning to feel slightly more comfortable beside him as we walked, I still wasn't used to immediately stating that Lyle and I were related, "Yes, he is," I said confidently as I looked up at him.

"That's cool. You know the first day he was here he actually came to the soccer field and played with us?" He asked.

"What?" I looked at him surprised, "Oh, that's why he's always with Mr Crawford." I said. Who does that?

"Yeah, I think they're pretty good friends." He shrugged. "He's pretty cool." He said.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked curiously.

"No, my best friends are my brothers so I apologise for what they've done to me in advance. I mean, when you have a weirdo like Damien, an asshole like Rick and a wimp like Vincent, you're not going to end up with much. Hence: me." He motioned to himself, "This is entirely their fault." I laughed at his answer but my laugh was cut when I noticed how many people were at school now, and how many were staring at us

"L," I looked up as Cassidy walked up to us and gave Elliott a kiss on the cheek, he blushed slightly and I would have smiled if I didn't feel like everyone's eyes were burning into me while they stabbed me with tomato knives. L. Was that Elliott's nickname?

I heard whispers, people asking their friends who I was, why I was with Elliott and some people saying 'the weirdo Damien and Rick spoke to the other day' and alike. I also felt like was intruding beside Cassidy and Elliott and felt the strong urge to step away.

Cassidy looked at me.

"Uhm... Who might you be?" She asked. She was in our year, but she wasn't in our English class and had never seen me without my hood.

"Hannah." Elliott smiled.

"Hannah?" Cassidy's jaw dropped as her eyes ran over me.

I looked down feeling self-conscious, effectively letting my hair fall more into my face.

"Uhm -" I felt overwhelming relief hearing the bell, it was undoubtedly a mistake because it was still too early for school to begin, but I had to use what I was given, "I-I have to get to class." I said, "Uhm - nice talking to - meeting you." I wasn't really sure what to say.

"But Hannah, it's too earl -" Elliott began but I was way down the hall before he could finish.

I pulled my hood over my head to avoid eyes as more people whispered and I heard more name-calling. I decided not to stop at my locker, I didn't want to hear anything anymore. I could do without my Bios textbook for one lesson.

I made my way to Lyle's class and smiled as I pulled the door and found it open.

"Hannah. You know you only see me second last period, right?" He said from his desk. I nodded. "And you know school only starts in fifteen minutes...?" He added. I gave a laugh as I nodded again. "So, why are you here? Wanna talk?" He gave me a smile.