Bloodlines

There was a case in Chicago.

A guy named Ennis swore he had seen a man with claw-like knives, and his girlfriend, Tamara, had been killed by this thing, along with a guy named Sal Lassiter.

Ennis was being interrogated by a detective named Freddie Costa.

Sam, Dean and I walked in.

"Agents Bonham and Peart, FBI," Dean told them, gesturing from himself to Sam.

I shook Freddie's hand. "DA, Bailey Sandin. We will take it from here."

"Like hell you will," Freddie told us. "Since when did the Feeb start working stabbings?"

I led Freddie toward the door. "Listen, uh, Detective... your, uh, perp fits a certain profile. Now, I could go into detail, but I'm--I'm not going to. Maybe we can talk while these agents talk to your witness."

I closed the door behind us.

  ~~~~~~~~  

Sam, Dean and I walked into the club that was in the back of the restaurant Ennis and Tamara had been the night before.

A vampire waiter was cornering Ennis. Ennis had gun drawn, shooting the vampire in the chest, but of course that had no effect. The vampire pushed Ennis against the wall, going in for the kill.

Dean beheaded the vampire from behind, letting the body fall.

Ennis was in shock.

  ~~~~~~~~  

Dean looked at the vampire's body. "He looks better with a little off the top, don't you think?"

Dean chuckled.

Sam gave him a look.

I looked at Ennis. "You want to run, now's the time."

"I'm not going anywhere until someone tells me what the hell's going on," Ennis told us.

"You should go," I told him.

"No," Ennis told us.

Sam chuckled barely.

"All right, Sammy, give him the talk," Dean told him, walking toward the bar.

Sam looked at Ennis. "All right, look. My name is Sam Winchester. That's my brother Dean, and his wife, Ness. We, uh... we kill vampires. And werewolves and demons, and... Basically, we chase down evil... and we cut its head off."

"So, you're, what, monster cops?" Ennis asked.

"Hunters," I answered.

"Then what killed my girlfriend?" Ennis asked.

"We're working on it, okay?" I asked. "And from what you told us, uh, this thing sounds new... or Freddy Krueger."

"W--what about the guy I saw in the mirror?" Ennis asked. "W--with the messed up face?"

"It's probably a wraith," Sam answered. "Look, a lot of these things, they can look human until you catch them in a mirror or sometimes a camera."

"So--so you find this--this whatever, a--and you're--you're gonna chop its head off?" Ennis asked.

Dean was looking through the cabinets behind the bar, revealing blood or human parts that monsters would eat or drink.

"Yeah," Sam answered. "Or sometimes, when in doubt, try a silver bullet."