Alex Annie Alexis Ann

There was been a vampire attack in Sioux Falls.

Dean pulled me and Sam up outside the police station, parking next to a Sioux Falls Sheriff cruiser.

Jody was standing next to it.

It was raining outside.

Sam, Dean and I got out of the car.

"You guys are a sight," Jody told us.

"Jody," I told her. "How's the shoulder?"

"Eh, only aches when it rains," Jody answered. "How you guys been?"

"Peachy," I told her.

"Touch and go," Sam told her.

"I know the feeling," Jody told us.

I looked around, sighing. "Feels good to be home. And not home-adjacent." I pointed toward the station, looking at Sam and Dean. "Swear, the second I step in there, it'll be like old times when Jody used to arrest me. Whenever she could prove that I had done something wrong."  I looked at Jody. "Which wasn't often, by the way."

Jody chuckled. "It was often enough."

Dean looked at me, smiling a small smile, shaking his head, looking at Jody. "So, what you got for us?"

Jody opened the trunk of her car to reveal a headless body inside.

Sam lifted the lip, pushing against the gun to eject a vampire fang. "Yeah, uh, that's a vamp, all right."

Jody closed the trunk.

"I don't know, guys," Dean told us. "Looks like Jody might not need our help anymore."

"Oh, they grow up too fast," I told them.

"Don't they?" Sam asked.

Jody smiled. "Yeah, joke all you want. There's more where this came from."

"More?" Sam repeated. 

"My men brought in a runaway last night," Jody explained. "There's no ID on her. Nothing on her, actually, except for a bus ticket out of Nebraska. Total Jane Doe. She won't even give me her name. Girl's basically feral. She's got zero manners. Didn't even thank me for saving her. Anyhow, this thing went to plenty of trouble to get at her. And to hear him tell it, the 'others' will want her at least as bad as he did."

Sam and Dean looked at me knowingly, with guarded expressions, worried about how I would react to this case, considering what happened to me.

I ignored them, looking away.

"Sounds like a nest," Sam told us.

"Yeah," Dean agreed. 

"Nest?" Jody repeated. "I'm guessing that's not half as cute and cozy as it sounds."

I shook my head numbly. "Oh, I'm afraid not."

          ~~~~~~~~       

Dean and I were in the interrogation room with the girl.

I was doing a gum check on the girl.

Dean watched.

I stepped behind the girl, looking at Dean, shaking my head, silently telling him she wasn't a vampire.

"Fisher and Murray?" the girl asked. "You two are FBI, then I'm Taylor Swift. That wasn't a dental ID. It was a fang check. You're hunters."

Dean and I exchanged a look.