Devil May Care

Out in the middle of nowhere during the day, I was lying on a picnic table.

Dean walked closer, running a hand over my arm.

I tried and failed to hide a smile, looking up at Dean. "Hey, you."

Dean smirked. "Hi."

I leaned up from the table to meet Dean halfway in a kiss, lying back down again.

Dean smirked, sitting down on the bench next to me.

I took Dean's hand.

Dean looked at me, raising his eyebrows slightly.

I smiled a small smile.

Sam walked closer. "So, what, Cas is human?"

Sam sat down on the bench across from Dean on the other side of me.

I sat up.

"Ish," Dean answered. "I mean, he's got no grace, no wings, no... harp, whatever the hell else he had."

"Okay," Sam told us. "Where'd he crash-land?"

"Called me from a pay phone from Longmont, Colorado," Dean told us. "I told him just to make for the bunker."

"Well, you think he can handle a road trip like that?" Sam asked.

"Well, Cas is a big boy," I told them. "Things go 'Breaking Bad', he knows our number. Right now, we got bigger worried."

"The fallen angels?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple of thousand confused loose nukes walking around here."

"What do you think they're gonna do?" Sam asked.

"I got no damn clue," I told them.

"What about Crowley?" Sam asked. "You, uh..."

Sam mimed slicing his own throat.

Dean looked at me. "I would've loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch. But Nessie here had other ideas."

Sam looked at me. "Ness?"

"Don't look at me like that," I told him. "I figured the king of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass?"

I slid off of the table.

"Wait," Sam told us. "So, Crowley is... alive?"

I walked toward the Impala.

Sam and Dean stood, following.

I opened the trunk to reveal Crowley inside.

"Oh, yeah," Dean answered. "He's the junk in my trunk."

A devil's trap was painted on the inside of the trunk to trap Crowley inside.

Sam was surprised. "Huh."

  ~~~~~~~~  

I walked into the bunker, on the balcony above the control room.

An arrow soared in my general direction, getting stuck in the railing a few feet in front of me.

"The hell?" I asked.

Kevin stood from behind his barricade of books and a flipped-over table, holding a crossbow. "Ness? You're alive."

"Yeah, 'cause you're a crappy shot..." I trailed off, taking the arrow out of the railing. "Katniss."

Death by Life / Book Eight / The Life Series / SupernaturalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara