Meta Fiction

Taking a shower in the bunker, Dean and I were standing under the spray as water poured over us. I turned to face Dean, managing a small smile, kissing him. Dean placed his hands on my bare back to pull me closer, smirking. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him more deeply. We both pulled away after a moment, looking at the mark. Dean kissed the mark shaped like the first blade, keeping my gaze. I leaned my head against his.

          ~~~~~~~~     

We walked into the library.

Sam was on the phone. "Yeah. All right. Thanks, Carlos. Listen, you, uh, if you catch wind of any other demon activity, give me a holler, all right? Appreciate it."

Sam hung up.

"Anything?" I asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered. "A dozen demon-related cases, people without souls acting out, but..."

"But no sign of Abaddon," Dean finished.

"Right," Sam agreed. "Looks like she's vanished."

"Well, we just got to keep digging," Dean told us.

"Right," Sam agreed. I absentmindedly rubbed at the mark. Sam noticed. "You okay?"

I lowered my hands to my side, looking between them, nodding. "Yeah. I'm fine. Let's get to work."

Sam looked at Dean. "All right."

Dean shrugged slightly.

I gave them a look for the silent communication.

          ~~~~~~~~     

Castiel called to tell us that Gadreel set up a trap for angels. He offered them a deal to the angels. They could join Metatron and return to Heaven, or they would be killed.

One of the angels had survived to tell Castiel to this.

Dean's phone was on speaker on the table in front of us.

"Gadreel?" Sam asked. "Gadreel is working for Metatron? For how long?"

"I don't know."

"So, Metatron made Gadreel kill Kevin?" I asked.

"It would explain a lot, and there have been no new prophets, which Metatron could have fixed to his advantage."

"And Gadreel said that angels are returning to Heaven? How? I thought that the spell was irreversible."

"That's what Crowley said," I told them. "Look, let's just find Gadreel and... and beat some answers out of him."

"Yeah, here's something to start with that. Uh... hold on. I'm, uh, sending you a photo of the symbol that drew all the angels in."

I opened my laptop, starting to type away. "Okay. Got it."

"It's acting as some kind of angel siren. I think it's a spell. The ingredients used to create it were very odd. Griffin feathers, bones of a fairy. I've never seen it before."

"Yeah, me, neither," I told them. "All right. Let me see what I can find."

"'Honor bar'. What's honorable about a miniature bar in a motel room?"

"Everything," Dean answered.

"How are you, Dean?"

"I'm fine, Cas," Dean answered. "How about you?"