Chapter 49: Healed

"Vira... Vira!" a female voice shook me out of my sleep.

"Hm?" I rubbed my eyes as I opened them to see Liz, looking down at me sternly.

"This is the fourth day in a row that you've slept in the hospital, you look like a zombie, you should get some proper sleep," she wagged her finger in my face.

"I'm fine," I mumbled and straightened up from my slouched over position.

"Uh huh, right," Liz dropped into the empty stool next to me, "Just imagine if he knew what you do for him," Liz snickered evilly.

"No, Liz, he's a teammate, it's natural for me to be concerned. I would do the same if it was you on this bed, not Sasuke," I covered up quickly.

"Yeah, I'd make sure you were there and not running off with Sasuke," she scoffed.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Sasuke who was still unconscious on the bed, "I wonder how Naruto is doing," I said out loud.

"I do too," Liz sighed and propped her arms up on Sasuke's hospital bed.

I brushed a strand of hair away from Sasuke's face and leaned forward on the bed.

Did Naruto find Tsunade yet? Were they heading home this very instant?, I drummed my fingers on the hard mattress.

The sound of a door sliding open suddenly made me bolt up.

"Elize? Elvira?" it was Sakura's unmistakable whisper.

"Here," I replied in a monotone.

"Oh, hi," she pushed the curtain aside and walked over to the edge of Sasuke's bed, "How's he doing?" she asked.

"No changes," I informed.

Sakura looked down at Sasuke's face wistfully, her eyes wandered to his curse mark which was visible over the edge of his shirt. I stood up and motioned for Sakura to sit down. Liz pouted as she watched me walk over to the window and look out of it. I knew that this Tsunade could heal Sasuke for sure. I scanned the rooftops towards the gate, hoping to see three figures walk through the gates. No one was entering or leaving Konoha.

I sighed, When can Sasuke be healed?

"Vira! Naruto is back! With Tsunade too!" Liz burst through the door.

I leaped to my feet and staggered slightly as my feet weren't used to holding my weight yet, "R-really?! She's here? Are you sure?!" I asked.

Liz laughed, "Yes, I was hanging out with Shikamaru and we saw Naruto, Jiraiya and Tsunade! She's the fifth Hokage now!" Liz reported.

I dropped back into my seat just as Sakura entered, "Hi, I came to visit again," she waved.

"Has she been visiting everyday?" Liz asked out of the corner of her mouth.

"Yes," I replied simply.

"Well, she's not as faithful as you, you practically live here now," Liz said haughtily, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Liz!" I hissed indignantly.

"What? It's the truth," she retorted stubbornly.

Sakura hadn't heard obviously as she did not react to it. She sat down across from me and just stared at Sasuke. Something similar to what I did every day... if Liz knew that, I'd be done for. The curtains suddenly slid open and I looked up to see a very beautiful-looking lady. She had long blond hair that was tied in two loose ponytails. A purple diamond mark rested on her forehead just above two, bright brown eyes. She sported a green and rather revealing robe. Her cleavage was prominently displayed behind it. Another, seemingly just a few years younger, girl stood behind her. She had chin-length black hair and dark eyes. She bore a long, dark blue kimono with white rims. Jiraiya brought up the end of the line.